Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't understand the conversations when you use satellite weapons. Is the air raider leet haxoring into the satellite rather than going through command, and if so, why not?

The best part is her protesting using the laser, but afterword she's super smug about the results.

"Just annihilated."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

I've been taking the healgun on my AR so I can heal myself while grabbed.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

Not for me. Can only do one or the other

Anyway, is anyone interested in giving a hard runthrough a go? I keep hovering around 10-20 missions because there feels like a gap between that and the higher level missions and I don't have the gear to play the higher level ones I don't think.

I'd be up for this. Hit me up whenever, I'm 30-foot Dogbot.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, the first time you fight the queens, where the only way in is a tunnel full of assacid, the Ranger lasers are an absolute godsend.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

It looks like strikes are now a template the raider can place on the battlefield, so we'll see how it goes.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Motherfucker posted:

The airraider's lack of air power is lame. I kinda wish there was a target painter that shot a rocket from the sky like the cruise missile one but it was fire and forget, that'd really help.

If you stop lasing the missile will keep going straight. Once you get a little red square for a second or so, feel free to walk away.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

I love that they added a third equipment slot so Air Raiders can take two strikes and a support weapon, and the universal response is to take three strikes.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Air Raider is the closest any game has gotten to the idea of a low fantasy Sorcerer-Lord. You can lay waste to entire armies, call down hellfire and death and pestilence, rend the ground and sky, etc, etc.

But as soon as one plucky fucker gets within 20 feet of you, you are doomed.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Air Raider is the closest any game has ever been to describing a low-fantasy archwizard. You raze cities, burn armies, reduce all to ash until one guy gets within 30 feet and then you are f u c k e d.

It's perfect, give me a fantasy EDF please.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

I still go back and play the early 4.1 dockside mission where you're getting reports on the space battle. That's how you write games.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

imagine not playing fencer and dashing around before slamming bugs with your extendo lance of doom.

gently caress you I am Gun Man I cam to fight these aliens with a Shotgun and maybe some Grenades like the Founding Fathers Intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

The Grom lightning dealie in 4.1 was a G and it will literally hit behind your camera.