Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What are the main differences between EDF2017 and EDF2017 Portable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Portable has the Pale Wing character playable.

Oh jesus a whole new set of missions and weapons :zerg:

So is there any one mission that's the best for grinding out weapons & armor?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So what are the odds for an EDF2025 Portable on PSVita? Think we could get it tomorrow?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I might never bother with Infantry or Pale Wing in EDF2 Portable, because the Air Raider is just that awesome. I've been at it for an hour and I've got a dozen different bombers, gunships, cruise missiles, artillery, and orbital lasers I can call in to obliterate everything in sight. It's true that below ground, none of those work and you have to carry your own guns like some plebe, but you can still fill those tunnels with flying nails or shoot webs just like the spiders' because let's see how you loving like it you shits :getin:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pale Wing can hop around quickly with her jetpack. Air Raiders are pretty much out of luck.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mr Phillby posted:

I love the retro redesign they gave the Air raider, but no vehicle call in sort of cripples the class.

Just wait until you start getting Gunship weapons, Spritefalls, or mid-level Air Strikes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does Invaders from Planet Space have any new Infantry/Pale Wing weapons that weren't in 2017 Portable?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They added the Air Raider class from EDF2025. Most of the Air Raider weapons are placeables like turrets, powerup fields, shield generators, and sticky bombs; or long-range strikes like bombers, artillery, cruise missiles, and space lasers. They don't get any of the vehicle drops they had in 2025, but they're still awesome.

There are a few new enemy types: flying ants, bombers, robot pillbugs, and giant centipedes that spray acid everywhere. There are a couple new kinds of giant walkers, too, but they're more or less the same as Hectors.

The graphics and music are all retro B-movie sci-fi. To be honest, I really miss this song.

There aren't any NPC soldiers in missions anymore.

The new mothership is pretty boss.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 20, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vita has it too, but I always have trouble choosing between "can't turn around fast enough" and "can't aim with scopes"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In Invaders from Planet Space, how are you supposed to deal with Deroys on Hardest besides having at least 10,000 armor?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'd use an LRSL for the mothership, and a LAZR for the little ships.

It sounds like there's some weird glitch or janky design going on, where the lock-on point for homing missiles is floating in the middle of the mothership's hangar port, and your Mirage projectiles are too nimble to actually impact the sides of the port and do any damage so they just orbit around that point until they burn out.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 11, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Are there any weapons that won't drop on Mission 71: Crimson Mountain (Inferno) in Invaders from Planet Space?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there a list anywhere of how many credits each enemy type is worth, for recharging the Air Raider's credit weapons like Air Strikes, Spritefall, and Tempest?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sorry, I meant in Invaders from Planet Space. Are the values the same for enemies that also show up in that game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pijeus posted:

Actually, any other good early grind spots in any of the games to recommend? I'm playing all three at once and having the best time

These probably shouldn't be tried very early, but in EDF2 Portable, Mission 43: Red Wave and Mission 71: Crimson Mountain are fantastic for farming Inferno weapons. Out of all the enemies, red ants have the easiest attack to avoid and they bunch up the nicest for AoE/piercing weaponry. I don't know yet if you can get every possible weapon on Crimson Mountain, but I've seen drops up to level 90.

For Infantry, I go in with my best shotgun and C-Bomb or Y-Impulse. For Pale Wing, I double up on Thunder Bows or Rapiers. For Air Raider, I use a Satellite Blaster, 120mm Cannon, and Skytrap Wire.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 16, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So is there a good way to solo EDF2 Portable Mission 78: Imperial City as an Air Raider on Hardest or Inferno? I was trying it with the Borderline or EM Wall, Lionic 35, and Limpet Heavy Gun but it's a ridiculous slog to clear out all the turrets with such slow weapons. Should I just not bother with them?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 20, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wow, the 4.1 Air Raider's starting artillery is goddamn fantastic. And the Gigantus is pretty good? at least on Normal? Definitely some nice changes from V2 Portable.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some transports only take three or four Vegalta rockets to kill, and some others take a whole bunch. Do you do more damage on a bullseye, or do some of them just get extra health?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

Does anyone actually play air raider?

I already played tons of Ranger and Wing Diver in the Vita games, so I'm trying to stick with the new hotness. I did get stuck on an early mission with tons of Hectors in close quarters, but replaying the first mission on Hard got me a railgun tank that eats Hectors for breakfast.

Are there any sweet pro strats for Fencer besides the dash-canceling with shields?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oh my god the Bazelart is absolutely shredding all these red ants

vehicles are so good now and I love it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

Speaking as somebody who doesn't know much about vehicles, what are the good vehicles? Which ones should I be trying out and/or focusing on?

I only have the first handful of vehicles so far, but they've pretty much all been useful. The basic Gigantus tank has been good against black ants & spiders. The Bazelart helicopter decimated the first red ants in Crimson while flying safely out of their reach; it seems kind of frail and tough to control otherwise. The BM03 Vegalta is a very good but slow general-purpose and anti-air machine. The Depth Crawler is a must on any underground mission. The Epsilon Railgun tears through Hectors.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vegaltas are better when you've got a big wave of bugs rushing your position. Tanks are better when the bugs are just milling around in the distance(or focused on killing civilians).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Limpet Splendors are your buddy when ants are trying to snack on you.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

By "nested menu," do you mean the chat options that pop up when you use the arrow keys?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If you're willing to actually sit and grind for armor, black ant transports should be the best source.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's separate for each class, unfortunately.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Koorisch posted:

What is a good weapon setup for someone that hasn't played 15 missions yet?

Whatever gets you through any mission on Hard or Hardest, so you can start getting better weapons. Mission 14: Preventing Landfall is probably your best bet to start with, because of all the backup you get.

Beyond that, it all depends on your class and what you're up against.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

Then again, is there anything good with ranger when there is a huge mass of crap right in your face?

More rockets, except you carefully aim at the ground so their blast radius just barely misses you.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baller Time posted:

Help I can't stop leveling city blocks and yelling EDF EDF EDF EDF

I will help

EDF EDF EDF EDF

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You should be able to see the red killzones on your radar before they come in, just like regular Air Raider airstrikes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Generally you need a melee weapon to dash in the first place. Other weapons might give you something like a boost jump or a camera zoom instead.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

But the giant insects could not possibly have evolved faster than science?????

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The wire guns were really strong in Invaders from Planet Space, because you could fire them over a whole swarm of bugs and deal continuous damage while stunlocking them. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

They seem pretty decent in tunnels. Better than limpets anyway.

Do you have any Limpet Splendors? They're fantastic in tunnels because their shrapnel bounces off solid walls and pierces through enemies.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VolticSurge posted:

Having flailed about played the game for a bit,the only thing I'd want modded into the game is that whenever I get into the Vegalta, it plays Pacific Rim music.

Wait until you see the Balam.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Any mission with a stationary transport that drops black ants.

Or just use Cheatengine.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am firing a self-propelled missile launcher straight into the air, to kill all the bugs on the other side of this mountain. Why would you fly directly into my line of fire, Wing Divers.

Wing Divers please

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Last night I found out that helicopters can pass through Shieldbearer shields. :killdozer:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Night10194 posted:

The only kind of Hector I'm ever really afraid of is the ones with those loving chainguns. When they get interested in you there isn't much you can do to evade it.

You can spoil their aim with any full-auto weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

All player vehicles can, actually.

Really? They've stopped me from driving tanks through before. Unless I actually just hit a big rock or something.