Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Do we know for sure if this is getting a digital release on PSN or XBL? I put almost 100 co-op hours into 2017 and I literally don't think I can wait for Amazon's two day shipping if I can just download this and get my EDF on ASAP. :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Heads up for anyone getting the game digitally: I kept reloading the Playstation store from my PS3 but it wouldn't update past the Valentine's Day sale. Went onto the store from my computer and EDF and all the dlc were up so I was able to buy them from there and start the download on the PS3.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yes. God yes is there friendly fire.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

For what it's worth, the DLC missions still have weapon level/armor restrictions when you play online, so that can give you a general idea of the difficulty. I want to say they start out at about the same level as around mission 50 for the main game, but since there are fewer DLC levels the difficulty and restrictions ramp up a lot more quickly.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So wait, did this even get a physical release? I was all set to import a copy but if it's JP PSN only I'm gonna need to make an account and find a way to get JP PSN credit because I need this game yesterday.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I'm curious how exactly PS+ works with this. Do you all have JP PS+ subscriptions or can you play online just fine if you're playing this on a US account with an active PS+ subscription?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Do we have a list of PSN people who've got 4.1? Just got my copy in the mail today and goddamn do I need to get in some co-op.

PSN: Mat_Def

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So what exactly are the controls for the Balaam? I've found out that R1-R1-L1-R1 does an uppercut combo, and L3 looks like some kind of taunt. I know there's a stomp for dealing with bugs too, but I can't figure out how to do that. Are there any other moves that I'm missing too?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Air Raider more than anything is a support class, whether that's laying down pillars for attack/defense buffs or just blowing up large swathes of enemies; it's a terrible class to play solo. Hop into online, bring a tank and some air strikes and hang in the back blowing up absolutely everything while the rest of your squad actually takes the hits.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Also the missions in IA were mercilessly long and varied. Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but

1) it's EDF, so your progress is still all or nothing. If you got 37 minutes into a 40 minute mission and wiped, that was it. No credits, no weapons, no nothing.
2) since they were so long, the missions had a wider variety of monsters, which necessarily locked you into a very small weapon selection since you HAD to use jack-of-all-trades equipment.

Basically if they could've done something to address these two points, I would've been a lot more okay with the gameplay itself being subpar compared to the normal EDF insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Oh God, decoys on vehicles.

I want to put decoys and laser turrets on a helicopter and put on a flying concert.