Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

D1Sergo posted:

Long live the goddamn Queen. Execute Them indeed.

Long Live The Queen! Everyone else though? Meh, gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Is it possible to kill your family in the same playthrough in which you kill everyone sorounding arrise, to stomp down a rebellion?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Air is lava! posted:

Is it possible to kill your family in the same playthrough in which you kill everyone sorounding arrise, to stomp down a rebellion?

I think you can only exile them, not kill them, unless you mean assassinate Arisse, let Briony (and possibly Corisande) die, and then kill Kevan at the tournament? In either case, though, the answer is yes; all you need is the musician hired specifically as an agent and Lucille not working for you or already dead, because the civil war (or lack thereof) doesn't affect Merva.

JosephWongKS posted:

Is there any way to eliminate Armand as well and complete the familicide?

I don't think there's any way at all for Armand to die. He won't join the rebellion, he won't send assassins at the parade, Talarist doesn't try to kill him, and as far as I know he doesn't even come to Lampsi Island except for the gala. (Which, with Evil Elodie, is probably the best plan!)

Even with the event that's going to be the grand finale of the Evil Elodie series, he's (probably) safe(-ish).

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I don't know why Elodie would expect Laurent (ignoring the Evil Elodie run); Lucille's plan would require he dies.

I wonder if Togami will be less of a right bastard in the sequel. Killing her parents is one thing, but he doesn't have to gloat about it in front of a little girl.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Evil Elodie has been having a lot of fun lately. She's beheaded nobles, incinerated assassins, and laid waste to hordes of helpless peasants. Her servant has been beaten and humiliated. Her friends have been left to gruesome tentacled deaths. Her family, young and old, have been executed for treason. But something is missing from Evil Elodie's life. And that something is true evil...

Elodie spends the early portion of her journey to ultimate evil doing the following:

*Allowing a snake to bite Charlotte

*Becoming a lumen

*Whipping Alice for clumsiness

*Beheading the Ixionite diplomat and sending his head back to the Ixionites as a declaration of war

*Winning the aforementioned war

*Brutally rejecting Talarist

*Executing the poisoner

*Skipping the parade and yelling at Alice for daring to question her

*Killing Lucille by summoning a creeping shade that would later kill an innocent squire

*Hunting at every possible opportunity

Basically, Elodie has been as much of a monster as possible in 19 weeks.

He does not deny the act, but requests a pardon that he might be set free.

If you admit you killed your wife, why do you think I'm going to set you free?

Condemned Man Save me, Your Majesty! Wasn't my fault. Demons made me do it. Everyone knows the power of magical beasties! They used me, they twisted my fingers into chains... My wife found me screaming, she tried to shake me, and the chains wrapped around her... I need the priestesses to bless me and make me clean again!

(Demons? This man is a Lumen! Where did he get a crystal?)

It was a demon's magic that killed your wife? Not your own magic?

Condemned Man ... So you know what I am.

He throws out his hands, and his fingertips elongate into floating strings of gold.

Condemned Man DIE!

Golden chains slash at you like whips.

With so much warning, of course, it is easy for you to resist. His attack bounces harmlessly off your shields, the chains flying back in the direction from which they came... where they find an easier target.

Before your eyes, the renegade Lumen is choked to death by his own powers. After a moment, an orange crystal materialises next to his body.

I guess I'll have to take that for safe keeping.

A few weeks later...

Is it possible to combine that crystal with mine to make it stronger?

Each Lumen can hold only one crystal. The only way to combine their magic is if a living wielder chooses to join its power to another.

Oh.

So I should destroy other crystals, to stop anyone from using them against me.

That is the traditional policy - but it is a lie. Lumen crystals cannot be destroyed. Rulers claim otherwise to discourage thieves from seeking dangerous treasures.

What am I supposed to do with a crystal, then?

Guard it, or hide it, or give it into other hands to wield. But if the last holder of the crystal was an enemy, the resonance of the crystal will work against you. It will be attuned to a personality as foolish or violent or scheming as the Lumen you defeated.

So anyone taking the crystal would probably become a new enemy. That's useless!

A weak-willed candidate might be acceptable to the crystal and yet still controllable. You could then steer that Lumen away from dangerous paths, making an ally and changing the crystal's resonance. It is, however, a dangerous endeavor and one that requires your complete attention.

(Not really a project I can work on while I'm so busy studying for my coronation.)

(Wait. In the past, all the Dukes and Duchesses of Nova were Lumens. That means all those crystals must be out there somewhere...)

That's nice to know. In the weeks prior to the Shanjian invasion, Elodie spends even more time being as much of a monster as possible by:

*Sending Adair to his grandfather

*Executing Adair's grandfather after his assassination

*Giving Elath to a random commoner for the lulz

*Holding Briony hostage

*Exiling Arisse, Corisande, and Charmion in exchange for Briony's life

*Hunting at every possible opportunity

Finally, her day has come...

A diplomatic delegation from Shanjia has requested access to the castle to discuss terms - most likely, for your surrender. You lack the strength to hold off their armies, and surrendering now will save many lives. It would seem that you have no choice. You prepare yourself as best you can to meet with the representatives from Shanjia. You expected diplomats and a military representative, a general or an admiral. You did not expect the handsome man decked in jewels who now stands before you - a man announced by your servants as Togami, King of Shanjia.

(Is he really their King? Why would a king come all the way here?)

(And he's a Lumen, too!)

My dear young lady. How difficult this must be for you. So much responsibility at such a tender age.

Don't pretend to be my friend while you're killing my people!

Temper, temper, Princess. After all, I am here to save your people. War benefits no one, don't you think? Such a terrible waste. Better to settle things in a civilised manner. A contest. A game, so to speak, with Nova as the stakes. Should I win, then your domain will submit and accept me as Overlord with no further resistance. Should I lose, then my army will leave your domain in peace and shed no more blood.

What sort of game?

It is well known that Nova is ruled by Lumens. As it happens, I too possess the powers of a Lumen. I propose a formal duel. My powers against yours. The winner takes control of Nova, the loser... dies.

Your game by your rules, for my life? That doesn't sound fair to me.

The rules of formal dueling have been passed down for centuries and must be upheld. It is important that we do this by the ancient codes.

Why should I?

If you refuse, then the war will continue. I'll sweeten the deal. If you meet me in a formal Lumen challenge, I'll call off the invasion even if I win.

Really?

I swear it by the gods. Nova will be free and safe.

Why take that risk? You're winning the war.

It's not your land that I want. It's your crystal.

It won't work for you!

How little you know. Under the right circumstances, resonance can be changed. To gain your power, I am willing to wager my own. Shall we begin?

(I can sense his power... it's so strong! I've learned everything I possibly could, but he's at least as good as I am... I don't like this... But what choice do I have?)

What choice indeed.

Wait! There's another way!

If you want my power... I can *give* it to you.

You don't have to kill me to take my crystal. I'll let you do whatever you want with it.

You would willingly submit to my every demand?

Yes.

Let us see.

He points a finger at your father.

Join your power to mine, and I will incinerate him. Then I will know that you are mine.

Fine.

You close your eyes and will your power into the King of Shanjia, ignoring the horrified screams around you.

And then there is a great rush of fire.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Wow, that window. Is that... is that a spiked collar? I guess in the process of destroying her soul she also destroyed her fashion sense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeeees. This, THIS is a goddamn evil ending! That said, it should be...slightly different. It should totally have Elodie just blowing Togami up by the end. Nobody controls Evil Elodie, nobody, absolute evil shall prevail :black101:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bookworm posted:

[i]Elodie spends the early portion of her journey to ultimate evil doing the following:

*Killing Lucille by summoning a creeping shade that would later kill an innocent squire

I must have missed the part where we sent a magic assassin monster after our aunt. Can you relink what part this happened in?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah I don't remember that one!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Archenteron posted:

I must have missed the part where we sent a magic assassin monster after our aunt. Can you relink what part this happened in?

Well, it's not exactly like that. If you kill Lucille in the ballroom scene, then a creeping shade is summoned on accident.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

Archenteron posted:

Sure! MegaZeroX covered it here.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Bookworm posted:

Sure! MegaZeroX covered it here.

Man. Now I want to what we might have known about the "creeping shade" if we had better Lore.

This game has so many little details to dig up.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hot Topic Elodie is hilarious, but it's probably the happiest ending for the Princess of Blowing Stuff Up and Also Torture.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

Man. Now I want to what we might have known about the "creeping shade" if we had better Lore.

This game has so many little details to dig up.

No kidding! I love that this has basically become the LLTQ Megathread

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Anyone else think that stained glass makes her look like Pip-Boy? :v:

Except you know, female and stuff.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Hey, it's better than the Sailor Briony window.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It doesn't help that that design is ALSO a Sailor Moon knock-off. The main character's daughter used it during an evil phase started by a third party. Time travel was involved.

(It's amazing how much info you can pick up without actually watching a show.)

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 29, 2014

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Princey posted:

Wow, that window. Is that... is that a spiked collar? I guess in the process of destroying her soul she also destroyed her fashion sense.

I don't know, other than the tux did she really have any to start with?

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I don't know, other than the tux did she really have any to start with?

Don't forget the monocle!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
She did not combine them as soon as she got both outfits. If that doesn't scream bad fashion sense I don't know what does!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Hmm. To whom does the crown pass if Laurent is dead? Charlotte?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Lucille posthumously getting her way. Might wanna keep the lumen thing on the dl. I can't imagine this is gonna be good for Lumen rep. I imagine the duchess of Ursul might get some of the blame too.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

zonohedron posted:

Yup. Only Lucille died in this run, so Charlotte and her little siblings are the next in line after Laurent.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Bloodly posted:

It doesn't help that that design is ALSO a Sailor Moon knock-off. The main character's daughter used it during an evil phase started by a third party. Time travel was involved.

(It's amazing how much info you can pick up without actually watching a show.)

What's even funnier is that the Sailor Moon outfit design you're talking about was pretty much lifted from fashion magazines at the time:
http://demicouture.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sailor-moon-fashion-designers-thierry-mugler-chanel-christian-lacroix.jpg

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

zonohedron posted:

Is it possible to kill Laurent while getting this ending? Elodie can send her agent to Merva to investigate before the Shanjian invasion, but she doesn't actually order any family executions until after she meets Togami...

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Bookworm posted:

Is it possible to kill Laurent while getting this ending? Elodie can send her agent to Merva to investigate before the Shanjian invasion, but she doesn't actually order any family executions until after she meets Togami...

If Lucille sends an assassin during the parade, and Elodie doesn't die and has enough Ciphering to read what's left of the note, she can choose to blame Laurent at the gala.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Catalina posted:

What's even funnier is that the Sailor Moon outfit design you're talking about was pretty much lifted from fashion magazines at the time:
http://demicouture.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sailor-moon-fashion-designers-thierry-mugler-chanel-christian-lacroix.jpg

It just goes around and around.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
If Laurent is already dead when you choose this path, does the epilogue state that Charlotte inherits instead?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Happy Blue posted:

If Laurent is already dead when you choose this path, does the epilogue state that Charlotte inherits instead?

CHiRAL posted:

zonohedron posted:

Yup. Only Lucille died in this run, so Charlotte and her little siblings are the next in line after Laurent.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Long Live the Queen is 33% off on Steam right now, if you don't already have it.

Also, I'll get around to showing the things I said I was going to show earlier eventually, like the epilogue that involves the squid poem.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Oh poo poo I still need to do my thing. I'll get on that this weekend, hopefully. Sorry guys.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I'm on break right now, and should finally have the things I promised up by Sunday night. Sorry its taken so long.

Also, I can't remember, which endings have we seen involving Brin? Either PM me or use spoiler tags. If we haven't seen one, I'll put that up as well.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Hooray! This LP got me to buy the game, and I've had a ton of fun with it, so it's nice to see the thread rise from the dead.

I think we've seen the "Elodie never marries and she and Brin are suspiciously close and also Elodie picks up a kid somewhere" ending, and I think we haven't seen the other one, but I wouldn't trust my word alone.

Also the game is 50% off on Steam until the end of the autumn sale, so if anyone new is catching up and thinking about buying the game to try for themselves, now's a great time.

Princey fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 28, 2014

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

=

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Is the only way to make Alice a part of the story is to be a total dick to her? :(
What happens if you dance well with her at the ball?

VV Yeah that's what I expect. I just hoped that you would avoid completely humiliating the poor girl :(

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 29, 2014

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Is the only way to make Alice a part of the story is to be a total dick to her? :(
What happens if you dance well with her at the ball?

I think making a servant dance with you at the ball is mean to her no matter what. You're using Alice to humiliate the rest of the court, and that's a terrible situation for her to be in. The power dynamics in such a situation are so lopsided that nobody in the audience would interpret any respect into the gesture, and meanwhile she's going to fear backlash that you're protected from as a princess.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

OK, so I should probably explain what is going on with the Talarist epilogue. I can't seem to recreate the situation where it actually plays. I don't remember precisely what I did when I originally got it, but I know I upset Talarist to some degree, and got the scene with the squid poem (you need to upset commoners to some degree to get this scene) and let the paper fly away. However, I've tried multiple combinations that followed this (and a few others that don't follow this) and I still haven't gotten it again. If anyone else can figure out how to get this epilogue, let me know! I've been trying off and on for the last month or so with no success.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 30, 2014

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)

Not really sure how I triggered it.

- I took the necklace with no court manners
- Turned him down (ungracefully)
- Left Adair with Arisse
- Sent emergency aid when Talarist put high tariffs on the borders

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

miasmacloud posted:

Not really sure how I triggered it.

- I took the necklace with no court manners
- Turned him down (ungracefully)
- Left Adair with Arisse
- Sent emergency aid when Talarist put high tariffs on the borders
I think you need to pick him as your future husband as well after all of that to make the epilogue appear. Basically piss him off as much as possible and then try to court him anyway :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Oh right. :doh: I always chose a different suitor, as I forgot that it was part of attempting to marry Talarist. Thanks for that mismacloud! Next: pissing of Talarist so much he sends troops into Nova!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 30, 2014

• Locked thread