Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

To be fair, falconry is pretty cool.

(Yes, this is a vote for falconry x2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Disney Princesses are always successful, so clearly you must model yourself after one. Train voice to sing a sad song about your problems and dogs to acquire a quirky animal sidekick.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

You're about to become Queen. The head of state of an entire kingdom and everyone in it. You are set to be at the top, with no equal to your sovereignty.

Court manners, diplomacy, playing pretty dress up games? That's all kid's fantasy stuff. The real way to rule is through pure :black101:

(Swords skill and the Military skillset)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Super Jay Mann posted:

You're about to become Queen. The head of state of an entire kingdom and everyone in it. You are set to be at the top, with no equal to your sovereignty.

Court manners, diplomacy, playing pretty dress up games? That's all kid's fantasy stuff. The real way to rule is through pure :black101:

(Swords skill and the Military skillset)

This is what I was going to write, geez. Warrior queen :black101:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Seyser Koze posted:

People kept voting for Falconry in lieu of things like court manners, strategy, weapons, etc. Going into more detail would probably be considered spoiler territory.

My vote for Falcons has nothing to do with that LP, just to be clear. I just think it'd be much cooler than Dogs.

I have never come close to winning this game or even knowing what the gently caress I'm even doing, aside from unlocking a bunch of hilarious outfits.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is Closed! I will be tallying up the results and posting them by the end of the hour.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 2, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I need to say a few of things before the results. First, I presumed that all choices mentioned first were AM and all of the ones mentioned second were PM. Second, I presumed that the guy who switched from "medicine" to "herb" (before I allowed skill set votes) wanted to keep it that way, and that when Deadmeat posted

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is what I was going to write, geez. Warrior queen :black101:

he wanted to vote the exact same as Super Jay Mann. Finally, I just wanted to make sure to remind everyone of the scoring system I'm using.

MegaZeroX posted:

1) You can vote for any specific subject, which gives that subject +2 points for the skill.

2) You can vote for skill set instead (ie, Intrigue) and all skills it contains will be given +1 point.

3) Voting for a specific skill will give all of the other skills in the set get +.3 points automatically.

4) Voting for skills or skill sets in a category (social, physical, etc.) gives skills in the category +.1 point automatically.

This may need to be balanced somewhat. If you have any suggestions, run it by me!

AM Point Leaderboards:

Dogs: 20.7 points

Accounting: 7.8 points

Swords: 6.2 points

Internal Affairs: 3.6 Points

Novan History: 3.0 Points

Divination: 3.0 Points

Every other skill: < 3 points

PM Points Leaderboard:

Dogs: 7.0 Points

Poison: 5.7 Points

Falcons: 5.3 Points

Military Strategy: 5.2 Points

Voice: 4.3 Points

Internal Affairs: 4.1 Points

Ciphering: 4.1 Points

Trade: 4.1 Points

Production: 4.1 Points

Divination: 4.0 Points

Every Other Skill < 4 Points

The AM class vote was dominated to a ridiculous extent by Dogs. The PM vote, on the other hand, was very spread out and Dogs won out by only a slight margin. The actual vote numbers can be found here
What is everyone's thoughts on this? I imagine that quite a few people are either :smith: or :toot: right now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It's a first playthough, so I'm not expecting her to survive more than 1 update. At least she'll die having loved dogs.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Oh! It's my cousins! And my aunt and uncle.

Darling. We were so terribly sorry to hear about your mother Fidelia.

Thank you.

You look well, niece.

Hi, 'Lodie!

Hi, Lottie. I haven't seen you in ages! Will you be staying long?

Yup! Mummy said we'd be here all month.

Maybe we'll have some time to talk later.

As a reminder, here is what our mood currently looks like

Remember, moods aren't necessarily bad or good. They each give bonuses to some skills and penalties to others. The only way to tell which moods effect which skills is through experimentation.

It is time to vote again! Choose which weekend activity we will be doing. The weekend activites have been added to the second post, below the class descriptions. Also choose what classes we will be taking next week. Don't worry about the mood change affecting next week's skill growth. I will pick the 2nd place skill if the winning skill has a penalty to it.

Voting is closed

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 3, 2014

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Visit Charlotte, and double train Composure.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Walk in the garden, and Agility x2.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Visit Charlotte, relatives in line to the throne visiting all month seems suspicious - eavesdrop on what the family is up to. For the classes, DOUBLE UP THAT FAITH! :catholic:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Voice x2. Now we know about dogs so we must learn to sing as well and befriend the rest of the animal kingdom with our whimsical charms.

Then you can go to the Tomb and contemplate the inevitable decay of all life :rip:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

MegaZeroX posted:

You look well, niece.

Wow, gently caress that guy. He was hoping Elodie had already contracted tuberculosis, wasn't he?

Poor Elodie must be really missing her time with the dogs already. They didn't have any ulterior motives; they didn't have any designs on her or her birthright -- they just loved her, and asked for nothing else in return. :smith:

Let her spend some time in the garden and reflect, then begin learning to dance in the mornings. She should start learning divination in the afternoon, too, because I'm hosed if her relatives and advisers will ever tell her anything other than "you look exceptionally pretty today and why haven't you died yet."

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
Visit Charlotte, because Elodie needs some cheering up. And double train Composure.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Do Faith. I mean you'll be doing a lot praying. :v:

I like the descriptions for all the skillups.

Visit Charlotte

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Visit Charlotte (because that's what everyone else is going to vote for anyway)

Morning: Play with your only friend, the dog

Evening: Meditation on the nature of Dog's view of the world

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Visit Charlotte, agility x 2.

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.
Oh Yes, YES!
I look forward to the countless dead princesses.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Wow, gently caress that guy. He was hoping Elodie had already contracted tuberculosis, wasn't he?

Maybe he's legit happy he isnt on the throne so he or his offspring don't get inevitably assassinated?

Visit Charlotte and 2x faith Monarchs rule by divine right, so its important that we become aware of what makes things divine.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

Oh Yes, YES!
I look forward to the countless dead princesses.

For people who know what this game's like, I'm pretty sure this will be :unsmigghh: the LP.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

More :black101:

Visit Charlotte

Swords x 2

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Nah. His big sister just died, and he just noted that her little girl was in good physical and mental health, being polite. No ulterior motives. Probably. We can't be sure. Maybe we need a little more information into his motivations and loyalty. Some Intrigue, perhaps. In a catsuit. Because we like Animals.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I was considering moving on and not watching this LP until I saw the double down dogs awesomeness. Talk to Your Father cause poor dude just lost his wife, and now his loving in-laws (former in-laws?) are staying for a month. Plus he'll need some happy memories of his daughter before she is brutally assassinated based on what the thread is saying. Also is this a purely matriarchal society? I didn't think dowager king was something that could exist.

Oh, and Dogs x 2 again. We must learn all of their doggy secrets. Yes, we must.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This princess will need to learn to deal with death and horrible things. After all, it's going to happen to her a lot. :v:

Let's visit the Dungeons, then study Meditation and Composure.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also is this a purely matriarchal society? I didn't think dowager king was something that could exist.

Nope. A goon described as a " pure cognatic primogeniture". That just fancy talk to mean that the Line of Succession only considers birth order. I'm just going to quote that poster.

nweismuller posted:

More specifically, the kingdom operates under pure cognatic primogeniture for noble titles, but with a law forbidding any duke to possess multiple duchies. That is to say, not 'matriarchical' so much as 'gender is irrelevant to inheritance of title, only birth order matters'. Our mother was the reigning Queen, and we were her first (only) child. As her only child, we are her legal heir. Our father isn't even in the line of succession. Were we to die, the next child of the monarch before our mother would be next in line, and that would be the uncle who showed up. After him, his daughter. And so on.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Presence and Public Speaking. If you're charismatic enough, you'll never be lonely!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Accountingx2, and visit Charlotte.

I will demand my :10bux: queen until I get it. :colbert:

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Haifisch posted:

Accountingx2, and visit Charlotte.

I will demand my :10bux: queen until I get it. :colbert:

:effort:
It's the perfect post, I don't have to change a thing.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I'm a bit worried about all these relatives - let's go with AM - Royal Demeanor and PM Intrigue.

For the weekend, know or befriend your enemy and visit Charlotte.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was considering moving on and not watching this LP until I saw the double down dogs awesomeness. Talk to Your Father cause poor dude just lost his wife, and now his loving in-laws (former in-laws?) are staying for a month. Plus he'll need some happy memories of his daughter before she is brutally assassinated based on what the thread is saying. Also is this a purely matriarchal society? I didn't think dowager king was something that could exist.

Visit Anime Dad and cheer him up with your Dogs(x2)

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Talk to dad then spend the day with archery (or whatever weapon is at the highest total) and the night with some Internal Affairs because there's no way those relatives aren't plotting to murder her.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
There's nothing suspicious about the second in line for the throne spending time in the capital so soon after the queen's death , that would be silly.

With that in mindvisit Charlotte, she is our cousin after all and study Composure x2 no ones going to us seriously if we cant keep our cool.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
If Crusader Kings taught me anything, it is that a) every single person in the world is planning to murder you and b) you can never get Intrigue high enough. Probably should learn a thing or two about Internal Affairs, too.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now closed.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Definitely stay for the ride. They game will get very interesting soon enough.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Weekend Votes

Visit Charlotte: 11

Talk to Your Father: 3

Walk in the Gardens: 2

Visit Tombs: 1

Visit Dungeons: 1

AM Skill Points

Composure: 7.4 Points

Dogs: 6.4 Points

Meditation: 5.0 Points

Swords: 4.6 Points

Dance: 4.5 Points

Every Other Skill < 4.0 Points

PM Skill Points

Composure: 8.1 Points

Divination: 5.3 Points

Meditation: 5.3 Points

Dogs: 5.3 Points

Internal Affairs: 5.2 Points

Accounting: 4.3 Points

Every Other Skills < 4.0 Points

The exact vote results can be found here.

Visiting Charlotte won the weekend vote by a large margin, and composure won both of the skill votes by a reasonable amount. The voter turnout is lower than last update.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 3, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Let's see how our cousin is doing. Many in the thread thinks she or her uncle are going to murder us at any moment

You should visit more often. It's awful that the only time I get to see you is...

... something like this.

I know your brother and sister are still too young, but why haven't you come to school?

My mother worries about me. She doesn't think anywhere but home is safe.

I understand. I'm probably not going to be allowed to leave this castle until my birthday.

But at least we can have fun together here!

Well, Elodie's expression is different than yesterday.

Because of the cheerfulness she gained, her depression and afraid stats are tied. In Long Live the Queen, when this happens, the skill furthest on the left wins. In this case, afraid.

Her skill bonuses/penalties have changed accordingly. Composure is still -1 right now, so I would normally take the skill that came in second. However, just this one time, I'm going with composure anyway. It will be useful for showing what happens when you try to increase a penalized skill.

No increasing text, as it only went up by 5. Only increments of 10 give you flavor text.

Now that she has reached 10 composure, Elodie can do deep breathing exercises! :toot:

I have come to pay my respects in honor of your mother.

You have no respect or honor. It's because of you and your powers that my wife is dead!

What?!?

I am a Lumen, as was she, and like every Lumen I am willing to give my life if necessary to protect our domain.

Duke of Caloris: Your line has been traitors for two hundred years. I won't have you corrupting my daughter.

That is for the Crown Princess to decide. Elodie, your mother trusted me, and I have much to teach you.

Time to make an extremely important decision with very little to go on (something that LLTQ loves)! Do we send her away, arrest her, or let her stay? No other voting for now, because our weekend activities depend on this.

Voting is closed!

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 4, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Arrest her. The only finery a good vassal needs are chains.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Let her stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
We let her stay, and when the time comes, we too will become a magical girlLumen. Then everything will burn :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread