Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Dogs and Decoration.

Nothing says "coping with loss" like dressing up your dog in hilarious outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Don't wear it, let's avoid wrong impressions.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Punish, Presence x 2, become Angry

Better to be feared than loved.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 12, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Battle + Archery x 2

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Pay the money, it's probably way too much but we haven't spent a dime yet and it's the only option I can see us coming out on top.

Also Accounting and Trade, let's actually learn how to make good use of our cash.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Oh NOW you guys get violent.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Presence X 2, if we're (finally) going to get violent, we should also get intimidating.

As intimidating as a 14 year old anime princess can get, anyways.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Presence and Elegance, need to take advantage of royal demeanor having a bonus for once.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

Composure and Elegance

Off with her head!

Gonna second this.

Also, new format is a-ok.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Composure and elegance to use yielding while we have it, then go for the crystal.

I second this, and add that we should wear the coronet.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Reflexes X 2

If were going out to big public events soon, might be a good idea to be capable of avoiding a sudden death via assassin or angry peasant.

Also Willful, Coronet, and participate but don't speak.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

Wield Magic x2

Seconded.

Sparkle princess magic, activate, or something.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Let's go full on magic mode now that we can max those stats out.

Willful, Wield Magic, Magical Girl

Also, not having to worry about burning your mouth when you sip hot things, is the best mundane use of magic.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

If we end up dying because we SUCCEED a check but "the other spell is too powerful", I'm gonna be so pissed.

Sounds like more of a "Partial Success" thing. The game's cruel but I doubt it'd punish a "Success"ful check in such a direct way.

Also hoping on the Polearm x 2 bandwagon, and just to annoy certain people, a vote to wear the Magical Girl outfit.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I'm voting wield magic X 2, we're good enough at stabbing dudes for now, let's learn to burn dudes.

Wear the tabard though, it's an ok outfit.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

On the one hand, the earl is suspicious, on the other hand, we failed an intel check and probably don't know the full story, or are ignorant of who else is suspicious.

I'm gonna go with Blame him, and hope he isn't innocent and immediately executed.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Imprison Him, exactly what I was hoping would be an option. This way, if turns out it wasn't him, he can be released.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Novan + (Wield Magic X 2) = My vote

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

A random commoner, because those other options sound boring.

This is probably going to get us killed, but whatever.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I dunno about the party, but I think we should train up Wield Magic X 2 and max it out!

MAXIMUM MAGICAL GIRL

EDIT:

Also wear the MAGICAL GIRL outfit

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 10, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Oh well.

Keep Julianna around, Accounting X 3

I say lets get our Lumen crystal thing asap and do so via smarts, not style.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

We already threw her in the dungeon, so might as well stick with working on our emotion.

Which should be Yielding.

So we can continue boosting Accounting, Trade and Production.

As for the necklace, I doubt we'll have the skill to refuse. If we do, then yeah, don't wear it.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Free her, trade and production, apologise.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Free her, or visit her if we don't.

Production or Trade X 3 (whichever is lower, I'm unsure).

Buy us an Ixion

Invest in the invention of the printing press.

"What magical girls did for war, the printing press will do for the mind."

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Trying to execute any sort of magic user rarely works out for the executioner, leave her be.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

We've successfully invented the printing press, how about preparing for inventing proper health care next?

Might as well start with battlefield medicine (times 3), since the lack of knocking how to properly remove an arrow was also our first death.

Also execute, so whats his face doesn't get pissy again.

Show weekend events.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 17, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Go to the parade but don't make a speech.

Also I still think we should boost the medical skills for the aforementioned reasons, them being inventing healthcare and preventing death #1, so, Battlefield Medicine X 3.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Anyone who doesn't vote for the Mom poetry tribute is a bad person.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Sure, meditation and lore, why not.

Stay yielding
because anger leads to suffering, and a bonus weapon skills, that we might as well neglect at this point, too late to become good enough at them to ever matter.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

FFKonoko posted:

I'll go with 2x Composure first, then angry. but...

It is still a long way off, but I have to ask, is the general plan to go to the party, get shot and use our battlefield medicine to heal ourselves? Because our archery and reflexes are not good. Unless that choice of what to use our agents for will help us.
We could just not go, but dammit, we need to mingle and forge business connections. Also, cake.

This is what I was hoping for, plus the health care event I didn't realize we already, but I guess we'll be skipping the party or dying again.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Let's dance with a lady, upgrade whatever our lowest economy skill is, and use flatter.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Frocobo posted:

You guys are really trying to make this game live up to that "hella yuri" tag.

Hey man, it's not like we're going to woo any of them with our low dance skill. Might as well be scandalous again!

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Julianna, purely out of curiosity.

Poison X 2

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Ask Marie and Hellas, because options opened by a successful skill check are always the smartest option.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Raise Taxes, as long as we put the money to good use, and don't mistreat the peasants, it should be cool...?

Don't execute the prisoner, twice we've ordered an execution so far, both times the person tried (and once, succeeded) to kill us for it. This guy may or may not have the powers of hell backing him up... enough said.

Battlefield Medicine X 3

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

You guys are pissing off all the best people this run, and we have no real way to defend ourselves from them.

I will laugh so hard if this ends up our first run where we survive.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

ActionZero posted:

Taking bets that after the next inevitable death, the goonmind rushes to trying it on with Brin.

Sweet Marriage Arrangements, Hella Yuri. Let's Play Long Live the Queen!

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I get the feeling it's far too late to get Battlefield Medicine up in time for the party, so lets skip out on the party...

Might as well cap accounting and production, no point in working on social skills if bandits aren't letting us go socialize, and it might help when we...

Send aid, whatever is going on sounds like a job for the princess of economics.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 28, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Flattery to open up conversation stats to 50+, Divination to max it out.

Tux, Tux, you're the bes'.

Your usefulness statistically is waning, but you look great, I guess.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Composure to max it out, Presence so we can work on 100%ing that whole skill type branch.

Really would be a waste to increase Trade if we're never taking off the tux.

• Locked thread