Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Elite posted:

Also if you interpret it as it being Lelouch on the wagon with C.C. then he didn’t even die in the process. If he takes C.C.'s code and becomes immortal (something he always promised to do) then a sword wound like that ain’t no thing. It's certainly ambiguous but this seems like the most obvious read of that scene.

I can't believe I never thought of this.

My biggest issue with the ending was always why not just fake his death? Surely he has the resources to pull it off but I never caught on to what you just suggested.

I never needed Lelouch's story to continue, but abandoning his sister by committing suicide is straight-up bullshit and completely out of character even if he were at the end of his metaphorical rope.

ImpAtom posted:

It still don't make any sense though. It also means he's screwing over Suzaku one last time for no real reason other than because I guess he really wants to gently caress over Suzaku. "Hey Suzaku, you get to bear the mantel of Zero for the rest of your life, working to atone for your own sins. Meanwhile I get stabbed and now I get to go chill with my immortal girlfriend. I'm outie!"

If he thought Suzaku would do a better job than he could then yes, he absolutely would do that.

Also I like that interpretation purely on the basis of "gently caress Suzaku" because seriously, that guy's awful.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Episode 22 is awesome because it's literally "white boy playing savior to Japan as if it were a game = accidental genocide." The accident is the direct result of him being too flippant about his powers and role. It's totally melodramatic and overwrought, but it's Code Geass, so that's hardly a mark against it.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 15, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I don't want to see modern Sunrise make more Code Geass.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

LELOUCH IS ALIVE MOTHERFUCKERS

LELOUCH IS ALIVE

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

of course watch this be the middle finger of the same monkey's paw that gave us Berserk 2016 and Sailor Moon Crystal

... and watch me ignore the warnings and use the thumb and pinky for The Big O season 3 and a Battle Angel Alita adaptation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Lelouch is supposed to be with C.C. guys.

also Suzaku x ignominious death in a gutter OTP