Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Namtab posted:

Lelouch is dead, L.L is not.

This is the best. I'm using this as my trump card in all future Lelouch debates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

lol Cart Driver all this time for real

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I felt the main point of Code Geass and what made it so good was Lelouch's entire character arc. Everything else was shown to support this, even if the plot got looser and the mech tech changed, it still all fit the major purpose and did it well. It was a goofy character drama, and viewers getting their panties in a bunch over laser beams are nitpicking and/or missing the point.

The show was fun, did what it wanted to do, and set a new precedent for how anime could successfully be marketed internationally.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

It also gave us this gem (britannians are assholes.jpg)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Ok I just finished all 5 Akito episodes, can anyone summarize to me what the gently caress just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Good writeup, ty. Though it misses the two major questions about the end:

1) What actually was Leila's geass? Is it blue just for stylistic choice to show she uses it in a good way, and/or is it mechanically different?

2) How the heck after all that did they get away with returning to the nomadic granny camp and living out their lives there? Like what part of what they did shows that this was a solution to any part of their future lives? Does this imply they just sit around and watch everything in R2 happen from afar, and no one catches them and no one looks for them or finds them or :psyduck:

Obviously both questions are sufficiently answered by

wielder posted:

tl, dr: A new director was hired to add new ideas to Code Geass and that does happen here, but he simultaneously was given too much creative freedom yet lacked the ability to convey all of his ideas clearly within five (they were originally supposed to be four) OVA episodes. I feel he was wishing this had been a full TV series by the end.

but still this was pretty rear end-pull even for a series like Code Geass.