Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I dunno, I think the episode with Arthur stealing the mask is sorta important in that it finally shows us that Suzaku and Lelouch can easily work together if they need to. So it kinda starts setting things up for when Mao turns up ruining everything and when they do it out of necessity when that random guy returns with the Chinese near the end of S1.

It also shows Charles twisting Clovis' death into Britannian propaganda which is a supremely lovely thing to do. His entire spiel about "man is not made equal" is a remarkably interesting ideological perspective and gives us insight into Charles as a person rather than a nebulous spectre who Lelouch wants rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mortal; V.V. died from being shot around the same time as Charles took his code. The loss of the code in itself didn't kill him.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

R2 is a magical experience, and I wish I could go through it for the first time again. Phobophilia, please keep posting about it as you watch.