Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

ZeusJupitar posted:

It's hard to see how the really could have capitalized on Geass more after R2 finished. It was absolutely Lelouch's story and once that story was told, there was nowhere else to go.

Pretty much this. I'm really not interested in watching more Geass without Lelouch in it. Actually, I just want more Lelouch full stop; I don't care if they have to poo poo all over established canon to do it, I need him back on my screen and chewing scenery like it's going out of fashion. :allears:

Haruto wishes he could have been that interesting.

Vermain posted:

Lelouch thinks he's acting as a great revolutionary leader when he's really just out for revenge

Y'know, I think that was one thing I never really got a good handle on: how honest Lelouch is with himself. In the beginning, at least, it seems like he's pretty cognizant of the fact that he's just hijacking the rebellion for his own purposes, and I think that does remain his "default" position for the majority of the series, with him slipping into viewing himself as the great liberator whenever it's convenient, or he wants to feel superior to his enemies. Anyway, I think he's significantly less deluded than Suzaku, who... just, gently caress that guy.

EDIT: Recently, I've been trying to get a friend of mine to watch Geass. She loved Valvrave, but has been holding off on this because she's heard that it has a bad ending. Any thoughts on how I can convince her? I can't really say that it doesn't have a bad ending, because, well...

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Writing-wise. Yeah, VVV's wasn't great either.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

My main problem with the ending is that I don't think the Zero Requiem would actually work as described. People do not work that way: hatred is not a finite resource, and historically speaking oppressed groups have had no problem hating on their fellow sufferers. Even if you do get them to band together, they tend to fall back into fighting each other as soon as the common threat disappears. It's a stupid plan, and honestly it smacks of cowardice: Lelouch could have leveraged his imperial power to a program of reconstruction, reconciliation and decolonisation- instead he choose suicide. Disappointing.

Endorph posted:

Besides, it has Jeremiah and Anya on an orange farm.

'strue, you can't hate on the Jeremiah.