Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Code Geass was wonderful if you like absolute train wreck plots

which, as it happens, I love

Also there's no way Lelouch isn't totally alive and living happily ever after with CC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
It works even if he lives, yeah. Because he chose to shoulder the burden of pretty much all the evil he could get his hands on, he made himself out as a massive scapegoat. His death sort of clears the slate and lets the next generation sort things out in a better way, which I suppose was his intention all along. He intentionally demonizes himself and his methods as a warning, I guess.

Whether he lives or dies is unimportant as far as that goes--a bittersweet happily ever after with just him and CC wouldn't spoil it for me.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Well, just because you don't think he's dead doesn't necessarily mean you want him to appear as a protagonist of a sequel.

I'm happy interpreting the end of R2 as a happily ever after (of a sort) and the end of Code Geass in general. We were given a conclusion, open-ended as it was.

Besides, it's not like it'd be the first time there was an asspull. The first season of Darker than Black wasn't made worse by season two's release, you know?