Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elite posted:

2) It’s not entirely clear if Geass-holders retain their powers after taking an immortal’s code... if they do then you have an extremely overpowered hero – Immortal, hyper-smart and with mind-control superpowers that allow him to take over the world in an hour when he really wants to. If he loses his Geass powers then I’d still say the Immortal+Genius combo is less interesting than the MindControl+Genius combo.

Actually, it is once you see C.C.'s past. That was half the reason she killed the immortal nun; to get rid of her powers. Well, that and the nun's insane pleading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kalion posted:

Wait I though that the Nun killed herself after giving the code to C.C. because she wanted to die which is why she raised C.C. in the first place as only someone with the double eye Geass can take/be given the code? Though it has been a while since I watched that episode.

I think you're right about the immortality thing, but people who have a Geass code no longer have their Geass power manifest. You see it with C.C. and the lack of adoration. You see it with Charles and the fact he didn't just make Lelouch lose his memories again while they were fighting in the Akashic Records. And V.V. never showed a power.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AnacondaHL posted:

Namtab posted:

Lelouch is dead, L.L is not.
This is the best. I'm using this as my trump card in all future Lelouch debates.

:smug: Actually, it would be R.R. As in, the name of the second season. :smug:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

But his name begins with an L.

Ruruushu Ramupuruuji.

I don't see no L's.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Aces High posted:

holy poo poo is that "translation note" thing real? Was that actually in a sub?

I mean, that's just...wow :psyboom:

hahah. No. It was part of a TL note joke thread a while back. (I can't remember if it originated on SA or not.) But, no. That wasn't a real TL note.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Little do you all know, but it is actually Xingke's search for a cure for his plot cancer that somehow brings Lelouch back.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

KoB posted:

Worst part about Geass as a mecha fan is that everything just devolved into flying & laserbeams.

I gave up taking the show seriously when they basically said Mt. Fuji is filled with magical uranium. And that was what? The first third of season 1?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rodyle posted:

The introduce a completely unexplained evil talking skull.

And they show that Europe had Japanese internment camps just to not piss off Britannia too much despite fighting a war against them on the Eurasian front?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

wielder posted:

This has been posted elsewhere by now and you might want to take it with a grain of salt, but....here's what people claim they saw in the PV/concept movie for the upcoming Code Geass sequel:

quote:

-Suzaku comes flying from the mountain to the center of the screen

Nothing that really spoils much, but I guess we won't see more until circa 2018.

Is it dumb that when I first read this, I immediately imagined Spinzaku's gravity-defying powers and not the more logical, he's in his KMF?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Arcsquad12 posted:

To be quite honest, the only character I really would care to see more of is Lloyd. Just make an entire show about Lloyd. Code Geass: Le Lloyd of the lazy scientists.

That's EARL Lloyd to you, peasant. :colbert:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Lord Koth posted:

Was it that bad? I've heard stories, but never really got around to watching the last episode or two (saw the episode with Lulu, skimmed the one after that) for a number of reasons, so genuinely curious just how much they managed to gently caress everything up. Up through what I watched shouldn't have been particularly difficult to integrate if they wanted to, though given Okouchi it would probably still be ignored.

It isn't that bad. They do throw a wrench into some of the "mechanics" of the geass. (Like, apparently, you can inherit it genetically in some situations?) But, they are bad movies. They're just kind of forgettable. And the heel turn you see from a mile away was dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rody One Half posted:

Akito Goddess annoys me just because I've always found the idea of the collective unconscious having a conscious entity on top of it to be dumb and setting breaking even by the standards of this loosely defined world, and that's not getting into the evil devil skull.

G.G. is our new immortal, and the memory archive is presumably the part of the World of C that Charles gives Lelouch a tour of, though again I dislike the addition of a personification being added there. If we're pulling from Renya and Akito, then I imagine we'll get more about that evil skull thing and POSSIBLY the elusive Master U.U.

:aaa:

I loving knew it!