Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

When I was 13, I got 3 of these books at a thrift shop. They were trashy as hell. The stories initially seem like hard-boiled detective fiction but it was just about the main character boning every female character in the book but the one who worked at the station with him. Imagine those if one of those Skinimax films had a novelization. I still can't believe my parents let me read these when every cover was a girl in lingerie sitting in those Looney Tunes circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

InediblePenguin posted:

Slightly different than the usual thread content but when I was a really small child I liked watching She-Ra. Grew up and my mom got me a dvd for Christmas for the nostalgia factor - I tried to watch it and it was incredibly poo poo even for a cheap children's cartoon from the '80s

I remember the Super Mario cartoons from USA years back and bought a dvd set at a local Big Lots. I watched with my friend just for laughs and we could barely make it past the awful rapping intro. The live action portion wasn't any better because it's so full of dumb Italian jokes for kids.

Had to babysit a kid one time and he ate that poo poo up so I ended up giving him the whole set.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I have a soft spot in my calloused driftwood heart for the Ernest Christmas movie.

But then again my favorite Christmas movie is I'll Be Home for Christmas starring JTT so my taste in Christmas movies might just be really loving bad.

I still like Jingle All The Way. Who wouldn't want that jetpack at the end?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

InediblePenguin posted:

Good Omens was better than the work of either author on their own; they worked to temper each other a bit.

Yeah, after reading enough Neil Gaiman you can start picking up on his writing tics. Good Omens had a levity I can't really pick up in any of his other work.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Metal Loaf posted:

Here's an overview, which I should have included in my previous post, sorry.

I didn't click the link but it's Bleedman, isn't it? I never read his work but I read his Encyclopedia Dramatica article. Creepy rear end weirdo.

• Locked thread