Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
Yawn. Won another H2H championship. This time the Pro100, which was close going into the weekend but then I pulled way ahead in hitting and held on to 3/5 pitching leads, purposefully punting Ks and Ws when he got some lucky streamed wins (Like, I left him Joe Kelly as the only viable Saturday option). It really helped most of my team was playing the late games while his were early.

7-3 final, but could have easily fallen the other way.

Haven't had a chance to really dissect where I went wrong in my goon league, other than general inattentiveness and unfortunate injuries.

I'm seriously considering doing multiple paid Yahoo leagues next year. Though, I've also always wanted to give NFBC a try, too.

Finally time for me to focus on fantasy football and crush that, as usual. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
Welp. 2nd place in both my leagues. I should feel pretty good but since I lost them both in the last day, I'm not. Always next year!

[Checks fantasy football teams]. [All 0-3].

gently caress.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fidel Blastros, the fourth seed underdog, took the championship this year, led by Trout, Puig, and Kemp. Glory to them.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

MondayHotDog posted:

Looks like it wasn't enough. Close as hell but you've got the tiebreaker and unless by some miracle Davis and Rasmus both end up with a W, you're gonna get the title.

It is gonna be keeper next year, Yahoo won't let me change it mid season so sometime next week I'll get all the info up with which rounds players can be kept.

Well, at any rate, good game. Your guys brought it really close today, especially considering how far we were apart after Thursday and Friday. I was almost certain you were going to take batting average at some point today.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Woohoo, I won my money league. Not bad considering I missed the draft and the stupid thing autodrafted 5 catchers.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kevyn posted:

Woohoo, I won my money league. Not bad considering I missed the draft and the stupid thing autodrafted 5 catchers.

Which catchers? If you got Lucroy and Mesoraco you're probably thanking the autodrafter.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Runs and RBI ended up being the difference, and after a red-hot second half I have still never won a league.

also, gently caress Carlos Carrasco

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Rand alPaul posted:

Which catchers? If you got Lucroy and Mesoraco you're probably thanking the autodrafter.

I did get Lucroy thankfully. Along with McCann, Gattis, Montero, and Pierzynski.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Glory be to Rizzo on the highest. I won my league and am very happy with fantasy sports for one day out of every three hundred and sixty five.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
I think I've established myself as the Billy Beane of the putouts league after another year of stomping my way to the top in the regular season, then crapping out in the first round of the playoffs. In the three years of the putouts league's existence, I've finished the regular season in 2nd, 1st, and 1st place, and have one championship and two third-place finishes to show for it.

The guy who won this year clinched the championship with Zimmermann's no-hitter, though, which was pretty cool.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

First year of fantasy baseball, first fantasy championship.

Thanks be unto Victor Martinez. Hallowed be thy name

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There are no lineups to set today :negative:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Sigh, definitely third for the third year in a row.

And now to start the drama of the first year in a keeper league where half the people assumed there would be off season trading, and half the league assumed the opposite.
..also to kick people out of the league.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

There are no lineups to set today :negative:

Now begins the six months of second guessing who to keep!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Definitely going to look into those Yahoo Pro Leagues next year. I'd also be down for a money league with some of you opinionated fuckers who post in this thread. Maybe a redraft league so everyone starts on a level playing field. Not that I even care about winning big bucks, it's just so much more fun when everyone in the league is into it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

IcePhoenix posted:

Now begins the six months of second guessing who to keep!

My keepers are pretty slam dunk though (can't be kept if drafted in first 3 rounds, can be kept up to 3 years total, 3 pitchers/3 hitters, so there's a good amount of turnover):

Josh Donaldson (year 3 - last round)
Yasiel Puig (year 3 - 14th round)
Mookie Betts (year 2 - last round)
OR
Anthony Rizzo (year 2 - 9th round)

Mike Fiers (year 2 - last round)
Marcus Stroman (year 2 - last round)
Tyson Ross (year 2 - last round)
OR
Dallas Kuechel (year 2 - last round)
OR
Doug Fister (year 2 - 12th round)

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ

The Pussy Boss posted:

Definitely going to look into those Yahoo Pro Leagues next year. I'd also be down for a money league with some of you opinionated fuckers who post in this thread. Maybe a redraft league so everyone starts on a level playing field. Not that I even care about winning big bucks, it's just so much more fun when everyone in the league is into it.

I would be down for that.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Where am I gonna get all my deep sleeper picks if I'm in a league with all you guys?

Is there a record for lowest net saves for a team in a year? Marcus Stroman got one in the last week to bring me up to -6, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done that if I tried to.

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 30, 2014

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

:smug:

Well the homers left him at least.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but Jose Abreu literally led the majors in Slugging and was 2nd in OPS. For the year. Including a .948 OPS for the 2nd half.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

tinstaach posted:

Where am I gonna get all my deep sleeper picks if I'm in a league with all you guys?

Is there a record for lowest net saves for a team in a year? Marcus Stroman got one in the last week to bring me up to -6, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done that if I tried to.
I finished with exactly 0 because saves are pointless bullshit in the putout league.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

I need to revamp my league so people stick with it. Lots of dudes stopped changing their roster after All Star break and 2 guys didn't do poo poo the entire year. A Stalinesque purge is coming!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

yea I'll own up to that. I overreached and was in too many leagues. I'm gonna step aside. Sorry bud.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I have to force myself to stick to one league a year next year, although bailing on my second team may have had something to do with drafting Chris Davis and Joey Votto with my first two picks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

I need to revamp my league so people stick with it. Lots of dudes stopped changing their roster after All Star break and 2 guys didn't do poo poo the entire year. A Stalinesque purge is coming!

If you're talking about HGH and Centaur paintings you can blame that entirely on ESPN's lovely mobile app, for me at least.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 30, 2014

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're talking about HGH and Centaur paintings you can blame that entirely on ESPN's lovely mobile app, for me at least.

Spoeank posted:

yea I'll own up to that. I overreached and was in too many leagues. I'm gonna step aside. Sorry bud.

It was neither of you guys, one was a coworker who has like 9 loving teams, the other guy I'm not sure if he even posts here anymore? He drafted the all Japanese player gimmick roster with Mike Trout.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Guys is JD Martinez for real? His BABIP is high, but the power seems legit.

I'm considering trading deGrom for him in a 7x7 20 man dynasty with OBP and SLG plus K/BB and OBPA.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Guys is JD Martinez for real? His BABIP is high, but the power seems legit.

I'm considering trading deGrom for him in a 7x7 20 man dynasty with OBP and SLG plus K/BB and OBPA.

He fixed his swing and power is in short supply. Good pitching is abundant. Your league seems to value power heavily if it scores SLG.

I say do it.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

As much as my being a Tigers fan and general optimism wants him to be good, check out his second half line: .292/.342/.478, 10 HR, 30 R, 33 RBI. And that's with a .383 BABIP. I just wonder if he'll get gobbled up by the same regression monster that ate Chris Davis.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Well I took a team that was dogshit and dead last and wound up in third so I'm happy.

Now to figure out who to keep and who to chuck/trade.

Edit2: I actually have an offer for Taveras and Syndergard for Pineda. Pineda someone drafted last you in the absolute final round of the draft, with Taveras I have at 13 and Syndergard at 21, so that'll be 11 and 18 in terms of keeper spots, while Pineda will be in like the 22nd round.

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 6, 2014

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
Man, I wish I had Matt Carpenter's postseason in my roto record.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

tinstaach posted:

As much as my being a Tigers fan and general optimism wants him to be good, check out his second half line: .292/.342/.478, 10 HR, 30 R, 33 RBI. And that's with a .383 BABIP. I just wonder if he'll get gobbled up by the same regression monster that ate Chris Davis.

He's likely to regress a lot but I think you can find a DeGrom every year on the waiver wire while getting a power hitter is really difficult now. If JD OPS's like .800 then it's a totally good move.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

He's likely to regress a lot but I think you can find a DeGrom every year on the waiver wire while getting a power hitter is really difficult now. If JD OPS's like .800 then it's a totally good move.

You CAN, but a lot of other dudes vying for them, also deGrom was really loving good. His underlying nerdy stats like sw str% are sexy also.

Still, I'm leaning towards doing it because my staff is really strong anyway and Martinez flashes power to all fields which I'm a big fan of.

Thanks for the opinions chaps!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Next year's title should be In which JD Martinez is drafted in the first round.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Rand alPaul posted:

Next year's title should be In which JD Martinez is drafted in the first round.

In which all Detroit Martinez's are drafted in the first round.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctaFun posted:

Haha even better.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DoctaFun posted:

Victor will get overpaid by SEA and his power will evaporate :sigh:

markerstore
Dec 5, 2003
Canny!

DoctaFun posted:

In which Mookie Betts is drafted 16th overall.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/2015-steamer-position-adjusted-fantasy-baseball-rankings/

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I...err...what?

Yes better lock up Steve Pearce before Upton, Fernandez, Rizzo, Freeman, and Tulo.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

There's a USA Today fantasy baseball page from 1996 that's still active. John Hunt's column on prospect call-ups is pretty amusing:

quote:

California: Is George Arias the answer at third base? The Angels gave up on Eduardo Perez and figured they'd wait for Arias to adapt to major league pitching. But he hasn't hit yet, and he's shown a disturbing propensity for booting the ball. Lefty Jack Howell is there to take the pressure off on occasion. The Angels must also decide if Todd Greene can adapt offensively and defensively.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbfant.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

tadashi posted:

There's a USA Today fantasy baseball page from 1996 that's still active. John Hunt's column on prospect call-ups is pretty amusing:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbfant.htm
Here's a fun game to play: pick one of the teams highlighted in that column, look up the players mentioned on Baseball-Reference and see how many of them you've ever loving heard of, let alone who ever did anything worth mentioning.

quote:

Detroit: Can Kimera Bartee hit enough to help this team? We know he can run. He also needs to impress since Shannon Penn will be making a run at the job next spring. The Tigers also would like to know where 31-year-old Eddie Williams fits in.
-Who the making GBS threads gently caress is Kimera Bartee? Also, no, he cannot and no, he cannot.
-Shannon Penn was a September call-up, played in 6 major league games in 1996, went 1 for 14, and never played professional baseball again.
-Eddie Williams (.574 OPS in 1996) fits in the garbage dumpster.

• Locked thread