Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Synastren posted:

I think what we are really trying to figure out is whether they should be instructional videos on how to play SC2, or how to watch SC2.

I'd certainly be down for the latter. I mean, it's pretty obvious what's going on (so far) in the single player videos, but whenever I try to watch multiplayer I just see a bunch of pixel mans killing each other. Which can be fun, of course, but it'd probably be a lot more fun if I had any idea why people were doing things and what the units were good for and how some people are brilliant at stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Smash and Grab, for a change of pace, and Stabilizer Medpacks because it seems pretty dang useful.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Weeellllll, if you've got a denser material for the bullet, then maybe you can have the same size casing with smaller bullets (with the same mass as the non-dense ones) and pack more propellant behind them? Same punch from the bullets, but more powder to launch them further.

Except that probably only justifies the added range, not the added damage. Oh well.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I wouldn't call them the worst. After all, they're not from Quebec :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I hope so. We all hope so.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Speedball posted:

I really do like how every single mission in this game is set up differently from all the others. Not just contextually, either, you have tangibly different goals and situations each time. It would have been so easy to just make it a "here's a new unit, use it in this mission" mission but they went the extra mile.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Sometimes you have to make a lot of money while dealing with death floors, sometimes you have to alternate your strategy based on the day/night cycle, sometimes you have to go for specific resources. Pretty nifty! It's too bad that sometimes you have to guard an NPC convoy, but hey, that's and RTS staple, so even if it's lame it'll be in there.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Save the colony and use bullets to kill a bunch of shield mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The Door Frame posted:

Cutthroat
I hate this mission and really want to hear the groans and sarcastic comments about this shlock

That sounds good, voting for this.

• Locked thread