Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 423 days!
:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Cocoa Crispies posted:

that's probably what one of his aides or a marine carries on his behalf for class poo poo

no, obama uses the general dynamics secure windows ce thing for President Stuff and has to have it with him pretty much all the tme so he can order nuclear strikes or some poo poo, and in the past he's used both an iphone and an android for personal phones.

he was also famously photographed working out somewhere with a Zune.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Install Windows posted:

no, obama uses the general dynamics secure windows ce thing for President Stuff and has to have it with him pretty much all the tme so he can order nuclear strikes or some poo poo, and in the past he's used both an iphone and an android for personal phones.

he was also famously photographed working out somewhere with a Zune.

there was speculation back when he first said he wanted to keep his blackberry that he'd be given the general dynamics one instead, but i cant find a single photo of him using it.

here he is as president, using a bbry:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

im squinting but is that an american flag pin? why is it so small? whats he ashamed of.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

power botton posted:

im squinting but is that an american flag pin? why is it so small? whats he ashamed of.

he should just wear an american flag themed suit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

"bout 2 drone and kill innocent ppl lol"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also cool imageleeching

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Miley Virus posted:

he should just wear an american flag themed suit

president of my heart

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

pleated pants, lmao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

pleated pants, lmao

hipsters are getting on the pleated bandwagon, the POTUS is just fashion forward

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

pleated pants, lmao

I'm more offended by the tie tbh, looks awful

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

qirex posted:

hipsters are getting on the pleated bandwagon, the POTUS is just fashion forward

pleated pants are awful forever

also nobody is pointing out his blackberry belt holster???

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Socracheese posted:

pleated pants are awful forever

IT HAS THE LITTLE MAGNET IN IT THAT AUTOMATICALLY PUTS YOUR PHONE TO SLEEP/LOCK, SAVING PRECIOUS BATTERY LIFE ON THE MOST EFFICIENT AND SECURE MOBILE PLATFORM EVER: BBOS

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Install Windows posted:

that is exactly what's in the "football" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

you failed at wikipedia somehow

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

graph posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

you failed at wikipedia somehow

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

march 4 2015
i want to add my bby pearl to the prize pool.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nelson MandEULA posted:

there was speculation back when he first said he wanted to keep his blackberry that he'd be given the general dynamics one instead, but i cant find a single photo of him using it.

here he is as president, using a bbry:

obama looks loving pimp in these photos haters eject yourselves from this country and if ur not in it, i'd buy a bomb shelter fker

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
time to refute some n00bs itt:

power botton posted:

its classy as fk gtfo here also if it was bigger it could be used a targetting redicule or smthing for enmimy snipers

graph posted:

NO LF

Elder Postsman posted:

pleated pants, lmao

pleats are ftw

Socracheese posted:

obama is a dad the holster is ok as long as u got the dad upgrade

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I'm more offended by the tie tbh, looks awful

actuyally it looks dope

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Smug Mug posted:

march 4 2015
i want to add my bby pearl to the prize pool.

OK

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

u mad

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Smythe posted:

pleats are ftw

this is a shameful opinion imo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

this is a shameful opinion imo

how do u iron pants w/out pleats idk. ive never considered a world w/out pleats

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Smythe posted:

how do u iron pants w/out pleats idk. ive never considered a world w/out pleats

wait are you confusing pleated with creased

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

wait are you confusing pleated with creased

yea

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok ive educated myself i guess ive never really noticed. i dont have an opinion w/r/t pleats but i dont think i have ne

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/28/5557108/blackberry-q4-2013-earnings-financial-report-bold

quote:

Earlier today, BlackBerry released its fourth quarter earnings statement, reporting revenues of $976 million. That's down 64 percent from the $2.7 billion it reported a year ago, and it's the first time BlackBerry has had less than $1 billion in quarterly revenue since 2007. BlackBerry also reported a loss of $42 million this quarter, compared to the $94 million it earned during the holiday quarter last year. Of the 3.4 million smartphones shipped this quarter, about 2.3 million were running BlackBerry's older platform, not the BlackBerry 10 software introduced in 2013.

Despite the down numbers, BlackBerry CEO John Chen is still optimistic in the company's turnaround. Chen points to the reduced operating expenses, which are down 51 percent compared to last year, as the first sign that the company is getting back on track towards profitability. But Chen is looking at the past for BlackBerry's next move, instead of being the forward thinker the company so desperately needs.

So they finally see that BB10 failed and yeah, when you fire over half of your workforce, that tends to cut down on expenses.

quote:

Last month, Chen announced that the company would introduce more smartphones with keyboards to appeal to its core audience, and today he revealed that the BlackBerry Bold, a smartphone first introduced in 2011, will be reentering production. The Bold runs BlackBerry 7 and is the quintessential BlackBerry smartphone — it has a great keyboard and strong messaging features, but is weak for browsing the web, using apps, or taking photos, things many people do with their smartphones today. Thanks to a new manufacturing partner, Chen says this run of the Bold will actually be sold at a profit, whereas it was a loss leader when it was initially brought to market. He didn't say where the Bold will be sold, but it's likely that BlackBerry will sell it in the same emerging markets that its been selling other BlackBerry 7 devices.

Hey, remember when we were loosing market share and struggled to come up with something different? Let's go back and do the thing that almost put us out of business to begin with.

quote:

The reintroduction of the Bold is based purely on customer demand, claims Chen. "Our customers still love the BB OS device, particularly BB7 devices," he said. "We’ll continue to make these devices available and support the operating system as long as there is customer demand."

Those Crackberry guys will buy dog poo poo in a box if we tell them to.

quote:

The refocus on BlackBerry's core features — keyboards and messaging — may ignite cheers from its existing fan base, but it likely won't do much to grow the company.

Dad phones forever.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Bonzo posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/28/5557108/blackberry-q4-2013-earnings-financial-report-bold

So they finally see that BB10 failed and yeah, when you fire over half of your workforce, that tends to cut down on expenses.

Hey, remember when we were loosing market share and struggled to come up with something different? Let's go back and do the thing that almost put us out of business to begin with.

Dad phones forever.

stop stop i'm dyin here

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bonzo posted:

Dad phones forever.

It's OK, I'm sure they'll discover a bunch of unexpected tax refunds to keep them going.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
our strategy: lets make the same old thing that we were making when our marketshare cratered

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i'm sure his employment contract pays out some massive bonus if he keeps the company alive for at least a year, that's all he's gotta do before he peaces out

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ah, the Tea Party's "Pander only to your most extreme base" strategy.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Mister Macys posted:

Ah, the Tea Party's "Pander only to your most extreme base" strategy.

ban for lf

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
no war but the phone war

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a three-way battle between apple loyalists, androidsheviks, and blackbeurrillas.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

graph posted:

also cool imageleeching

it's not 2002 anymore

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also sa/yospos won't make enough traffic noiw to even crash that potato powered website

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Company is in the toilet, better start ending deals with carriers!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/blackberry-ends-relationship-with-t-mobile-1.2595309?cmp=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

BlackBerry Ltd. said on Tuesday it will not renew its license with T-Mobile U.S. Inc. to sell BlackBerry products after the current contract expires on April 25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

~Coxy posted:

it's not 2002 anymore

shut up person w/ the same name as me who lives on the opposite side of the world

• Locked thread