Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

im from canada and have an iphone this is a great thread

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Skrobble posted:

im from canada and have an iphone this is a great thread

:bsdsnype:

thanks for dropping by! :tipshat:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Nelson MandEULA posted:

flatmate's dad is visiting from toronto. he wears a z10 on a holster. :cripes:

lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my workplace is in the process of replacing all their old blackberries with the z10.

we are moving to this hotelling system that relies on people connecting to our network outside of the workplace. everyone will be required to do this by tethering their z10.

please save me from the canadian public service.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

my morning jackass posted:

my workplace is in the process of replacing all their old blackberries with the z10.

we are moving to this hotelling system that relies on people connecting to our network outside of the workplace. everyone will be required to do this by tethering their z10.

please save me from the canadian public service.

ahahahahaha

the canadian government is terrible

i don't mean the people who are elected, they're terrible too, but the bureaucrat? they don't have a clue

like they couldn't even fill out an RFP for a clue

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
the bureaucrats are just hamstrung by bureaucracy. they spent 10 years building a secure intranet and then harper junked it so secret documents get passed around on floppy disk

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

everyone will be required to do this by tethering their z10.

whose brilliant idea was this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

the bureaucrats are just hamstrung by bureaucracy. they spent 10 years building a secure intranet and then harper junked it so secret documents get passed around on floppy disk

this is what happens with every secure system. the people who use it don't give a gently caress and just want their jobs to be easy. see also: healthcare

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

mishaq posted:

whose brilliant idea was this

someone who doesn't know what the gently caress.

everyone over the age of 30 in the public service still has a raging hard on for bb cause CANADIAN.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

someone who doesn't know what the gently caress.

everyone over the age of 30 in the public service still has a raging hard on for bb cause CANADIAN.

it's not just in the public service there's plenty of middle managers in the private sector in ottawa who carefully lay their blackberry next to their personal cell phone on the table when they sit down at a meeting

the important people and the young people all switched to byod a long time ago

these guys still have bb because they're important

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

this is what happens with every secure system. the people who use it don't give a gently caress and just want their jobs to be easy. see also: healthcare

i have to say, the IT systems at my local hospital (independent) are pretty impressive to watch. the nurse communication systems and the wyse terminals and automatic walk up logins all seem to work well and nobody is bitching about tech. contrast that with the sutter health branch nearby where they all have a bunch of dust-filled dell boxes running windows with some hacked on login manager and everything is poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sutter is huge and they have a lot of non-integrated stuff at each of their locations. in all large hospital orgs like that they stuck most of their it staff on the never ending emr implementation and they haven't even considered what hardware/software each location has to connect to the emr. that's like phase 11 of 10. also sutters logo is so bad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So who here in Canadian gov jobs also uses OpenText software?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Bonzo posted:

So who here in Canadian gov jobs also uses OpenText software?

i quit a (private sector) job when they were thinking about implementing that b/c i didn't want anything to do with it, hth

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
tbf they also wanted me to manage a team of people in india who would be hired to implement it

couldn't find a single upside to that project

they offered me a different project involving microsoft dynamics

i'm so glad i quit that job

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Soon you will no longer need BES

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4515985-blackberry-opens-device-management-to-rivals-in-break-from-past/

quote:

BlackBerry is opening its software to competitors like IBM and Citrix Systems Inc., giving corporate customers more choices in how to manage their fleet of BlackBerry 10 phones.

BlackBerry will give other mobile-device management companies direct access to smartphones that use the BlackBerry 10 operating system, the company announced Tuesday. Before this, companies were only able to use BlackBerry software to keep track of their employees' BlackBerry phones, install software on them and wipe them clean if they were lost.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

read the end of that first line as 'fleet of 10 Blackberry phones'

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

is that one of the conditions of the death pool?

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

The marines use bb for most of the smartphones.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

lampey posted:

The marines use bb for most of the smartphones.

fitting cuz the marines are the stupidest branch about a lot of things

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Soon you will no longer need BES

no one ever needed BES

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

i have to say, the IT systems at my local hospital (independent) are pretty impressive to watch. the nurse communication systems and the wyse terminals and automatic walk up logins all seem to work well and nobody is bitching about tech.

wyse zero clients and citrix xendesktop loving owns

the cleveland clinic has the same setup we do just on a way more massive scale. so does the DMV

our enduser FUD is zilch now

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Install Windows posted:

fitting cuz the marines are the stupidest branch about a lot of things

also, a lot of them are terrible people!

when i lived near a marine base there was an apartment in my complex that was raided. turns out that a bunch of marines were shacking up in their with an underage girl.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

no one ever needed BES

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

also, a lot of them are terrible people!

when i lived near a marine base there was an apartment in my complex that was raided. turns out that a bunch of marines were shacking up in their with an underage girl.

mods ban for unmaerican lies and LFing

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
what is the difference between the navy and the marines like literally all I know is they both have to do with water and they each think the other is a bunch of rear end in a top hat faggots

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

A Pinball Wizard posted:

what is the difference between the navy and the marines like literally all I know is they both have to do with water and they each think the other is a bunch of rear end in a top hat faggots

the navy has ships, the marines have boats

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

navy guys can chill the gently caress out ever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the navy has a budget, whereas the marines do not

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
xi feel like you guys are being facetious but that was a serious question!

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
the marines are part of the navy so they have a huge inferiority complex about it

e: this is a srs answer btw, the marines really are just a branch of the navy

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
My rear end Rides In Navy Equipment

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
oh hey, someone bumped my threadde.

get ready guys. it's finally here!

quote:

BlackBerry launches low-cost phone for Indonesia

BlackBerry has launched a new low-cost phone "exclusively for Indonesia", one of the few markets where it is still a key player.

The BlackBerry Z3, Jakarta Edition will go on sale from 15 May for 2,199,000 Indonesia rupiah ($191; £113).

It the first phone to be launched under new chief executive John Chen.

Once a dominant player in the sector, BlackBerry has struggled in recent years amid increased competition from rivals such as Apple and Samsung.

However, it has continued to enjoy success in Indonesia, making the country a key market for the firm.

"From conception to delivery, the BlackBerry Z3, Jakarta Edition was designed specifically with our Indonesian customers in mind," Mr Chen said in a statement.

According to the firm, the phone - which was first announced in February - also comes customised with local apps and content.

The latest phone is also the first one to be launched after the firm agreed a five-year deal with Foxconn, the Taiwan-based maker of electronic products and components.

In February, Blackberry reported a net loss of $5.9bn (£3.5bn) for its latest financial year.

However, it recorded a smaller-than-expected loss of $423m in the three months to 1 March, compared with a loss of $4.4bn in the previous quarter.

Mr Chen, who took charge of the struggling firm late last year, has said the firm was on "a path to returning to growth and profitability".

im nabilla

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
also, just as indonesian is "bahasa indonesia" in indonesian, english is "bahasa inggris". makes u think.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

mm yes a race to the bottom, this will end well

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Caged posted:

mm yes a race to the bottom, this will end well

no see there going after emerging markets

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

graph posted:

wyse zero clients and citrix xendesktop loving owns

the cleveland clinic has the same setup we do just on a way more massive scale. so does the DMV

our enduser FUD is zilch now

you mean the ohio DMV? dont worry, we have some dumb poo poo rolling out this year that will blow your mind.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Ya the marines buys almost everything from skillcraft. Skillcraft must have a factory of blind women reassembling old blackberries to sell, and until they run out they cant take bids for any new contracts unless they meet some arbitrary standard and or are from the nephew of a general. Special gov price for extended support is all going to middlemen instead of blackberry too

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/fairfax-sells-5-2-million-blackberry-shares-1.2644386

quote:

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. has trimmed its holdings in BlackBerry Ltd. by 5.2 million shares, according to a regulatory filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

In a quarterly filing with the U.S. regulator in February, the insurance and investment firm said it holds nearly 46.7 million shares or a roughly 8.9 per cent stake in the smartphone maker, down from nearly 51.9 million shares it held previously.

standing 8 count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fart Cannon posted:

you mean the ohio DMV? dont worry, we have some dumb poo poo rolling out this year that will blow your mind.

well, bmv yeah

• Locked thread