Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the first smartwatch with a keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I wonder if my idiot cousin is still using the Z1 he bought

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mister Macys posted:

is blackberry Huawei's picture of Dorian Grey, since Huawei went from android rimpho knockoff company to east asian mobile powerhouse?

huawei is literally run by the Chinese military with the goal of replacing western telecom equipment filled with western espionage backdoors with Chinese made equipment with home grown backdoors, and not just in the domestic market.
BlackBerry was actually built to be secure and later compromised when smacked in the face with the realty of governments. remember when the pushed literal spyware to everyone's phone in some Arabian country (Bahrain?)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol management failure at the highest level sank their fortunes.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
blackberry invented force touch :smugbert:

*unusable implementation causes $100 million in losses and sours biggest business relationship*

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

to be fair Literally Any Phone was going to take down blackberry

yeah, those palm phones, the Moto razr, and the samsung blackjack were really kicking blackberry's rear end

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

A shitload more people had razrs than all blackberries ever.

which is why Motorola was so successful

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it's just kind of depressing now. if they were smart they would have bought Good a few years ago, but why start making smart decisions now?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
tbh it would have made a lot more sense than the Nokia purchase. but it's too late now

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bonzo posted:

Apple just announced that you are now use a physical keyboard for iPad

this has been possible for a long time, possibly since it was it was released.

Mr. Apollo posted:

it was very boring. lazardis cancelled at the last minute because "it's still difficult to talk about" so it was just silly-balls

I just want to know if he understands what went wrong or if he still thinks consumers care about keyboards and data efficiency

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
correction, he was a billionaire when RIM stock was at an all time high. today the combined fortunes of lizard lips and silly balls are don't make one billionaire

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
rip QNX*, you weren't very good

*in the phone

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I need to read this

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mister Macys posted:

1024x600 for $500 in tyool 2011 :laffo:

dual cores

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:itshappening:

why would anyone buy a generic android device from blackberry? it doesn't even have a keyboard

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jony neuemonic posted:

that thing is a slider with a hardware keyboard, apparently.

:psyduck:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
qnx is alive and well where it has always been, in cars and power plants and factories. it's BBOS10 that's dead.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

the most ironically named company on earth

and isnt good was a cobbled together bes wannabe that lets you manage non-bb phones like treos and winmobiles? at least thats what i remember from using it back in the mid-2000s

bb spending money to buy a bad clone of their own flagship product somehow makes perfect sense

I'm not a computer janitor but I hear good is one of the most popular management software for android deployment

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Kenny Logins posted:

current rumored price for the venice is $750 american dollarydoos loooooooooool

is that an even grand in canada funbux?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why do blackberry prices float with the USD, not the CAD?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

i see you misspelled ios as android

pretty weak posting today, fishmech. maybe hit the locker room, try again tomorrow

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
they also basically admitted that bb10 phones aren't selling at all and implied they will stop making them

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bonzo posted:

The guys that started Kik were the ones who developed BBM and are valued at $1B because the Chinese company that makes WeChat invested in them.

wait, are you telling me that kik was more than a weekend project for a college student?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
is that a factory, like in a third world nation?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
blackberries were garbage for anything other than email and bbm. they may technically be considered smartphones, but none of those other features were usable in any way

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ah yes, those other platforms that need blackberry's software and are also willing to pay for it. I can think of so many, such as

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this just confirms my suspicions that blackberry is intentionally trying to lose money (but not be too obvious about it) as a roundabout means of transferring assets from shareholders to creditors

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

sund posted:

just charge $50k per phone and subsist solely on sales to the canadian federal government

liberal government will not buy a phone with filthy American android software on it, only :canada: blackberry classic

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
imagine being an engineer at blackberry and seeing that video, realizing that what you spent the last year on, the company's last ditch effort to save itself, is something the CEO knows nothing about and clearly could not have made an informed decision on.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

this makes a lot of sense

who do you think put Chen in charge? they're using real estate holdings and their patent portfolio to borrow money for continued operations. when they declare bankruptcy they will have literally nothing because the lenders will own all of those things.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
@JoannaStern: And yes, I keep calling it the BlackBerry Perv. Seems like a pretty good name actually.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the cash will be used to pay the creditors after the bankruptcy, as well as the patents and assets that were put up as collateral, leaving shareholders with nothing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I really need to catch up with my dumbass cousin and see if he's still rocking his blackberry z10 that he bought at launch. he's not even canadian.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

Ms MacDonald's grade 11 Waterloo High newspaper team assisted on the latest Blackberry campaign

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nelson MandEULA posted:

god is that guy a smug piece of poo poo

luckily his career cratered when he got fired from Bloomberg. though I'm sure he's working on some piece of poo poo alternative site right now.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ultimately it's the success of their approach that blinded them to the changing market. they just couldn't understand how doing the same thing wouldn't continue to work

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'll do it for the same amount but drive the company into the ground twice as fast

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
unbreakable security (key is under the doormat)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
priv automatically conferences in a lawyer and a doctor on every call you make to give you privilege that the government can't tap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

• Locked thread