Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
bbry 94% churn rate

quote:

BlackBerry churn rate at 94 percent with T-Mobile
Normally when we report churn rates, it’s with respect to wireless carriers, and not the devices that run on them. But in this case we’re talking about BlackBerry, which according to information first leaked by Tmo News, is seeing a mass exodus from its platform and devices, even when there is incentives to keep customers in their camp.

According to the leaked sales document, 94 percent of T-Mobile customers trading in their BlackBerry devices for an upgrade are opting for a non-BlackBerry device as their new smartphone. Using these numbers, that essentially means BlackBerry has a 6 percent customer satisfaction rate. Simply put, companies simply don’t and won’t survive on a 6 percent satisfaction rate.

This information comes after T-Mobile launched a promotion guaranteeing any customer trading in a working BlackBerry device a $250 credit towards a new BlackBerry 10 smartphone (see our full review of the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 here). However, the numbers don’t lie, and 94 out of 100 customers are opting for $50 less in credit and breaking their CrackBerry addiction for an iOS, Android, or even Windows Phone device. T-Mobile hasn’t released out of this 94 percent the share of sales among iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.

But what is known is that even the once most hardcore BlackBerry users have apparently grown tired of the platform. Furthermore, as more companies are dumping their expensive BlackBerry Enterprise Servers for Exchange (supported by iOS, Android, and Windows Phone), BlackBerry’s stronghold on business customers has quickly diminished.

that's p brutal even for blackberry

e: beaten but i quoted the article for people too lazy to click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Pinterest Mom posted:

looks like motorola was lenovo's consolation prize

(with reporting from Blackula69)

this will obviously not save blackberry but i'll laff my rear end off if this ends up loving shortsellers

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

the marines are part of the navy so they have a huge inferiority complex about it

e: this is a srs answer btw, the marines really are just a branch of the navy

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

srsly, i appreciate the people who bump this thread occasionally with new bbry news because otherwise i would literally forget the company exists

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

my university just did an update to the system this semester and i'm left with one question

how do you gently caress up forums so badly in tyool 2014? like literally >>>>>>>quoted text like
>>>>>>>in a
>>>>>>>>email from the early 1990s

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Bonzo" post="430933816"]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D2L maybe
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>they
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>will get better (no)

that's usenet style too, right? i'm guessing that's probably why

it's still loving terrible

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

you just condescendingly quoted rules to me on YOSPOS

it was a pleasure, kevin

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i very briefly worked at a firm where they refused to actually fire people

they would just transfer you to a non-job with no duties and a cubicle far away from your old friends and coworkers. then they waited for some combination of shame and boredom to drive you out of the firm

they ended up with hundreds of deliberately-"forgotten" employees who just refused to leave. after that they moved to a different "rightsizing" mechanism which was even crazier but that's another story

oh a government worker I see

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Bonzo posted:

BlackBerry smartphone shipments rise from previous quarter

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4761670-blackberry-smartphone-shipments-rise-from-previous-quarter/

Who are they shipping them too?

Blackberry Ltd.
Waterloo, Ontario

TO:
Blackberry Ltd.
Waterloo, Ontario

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

qirex posted:

I think malaysia is still a holdout but I imagine the flood of $50 androids that are taking over the world is having an impact there as well

wd has a factory in malaysia so we get people from malaysia visiting our office all the time and i don't think i've ever seen one of them with a bbry, they all have androids

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

fleshweasel posted:

can we stop with this "devices shipped" bullshit because it doesn't mean anything

it's an excellent indicator of how fast they'll be $0.99 on amazon

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

infernal machines posted:

seeing as my company is employed by the organization he is a board member of, no, i don't think so

as much fun as that would be, he already hates me for convincing them to ditch bby four years ago

lol if u don't tank your employment prospects for the enjoyment of yospos

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-12-19/hands-on-with-the-blackberry-classic

greatest pictures in a phone review article since the slice of cheese

BARONS BLACKBERRY TOUCHER

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

chestnut santabag posted:

how did i miss this - blackberry and boeing are collaborating on making the phone to save you from having a bad phone

bah BBRY has been making exploding phones for a decade now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

infernal machines posted:

unfortunately it failed to kill that awful kid and his horrible clip on tie

how dare you poo poo on the newest group of young republicans?

• Locked thread