Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

saw a blackberry and it was all hosed up

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

and thus the country as well

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

why not just get the Q10 or Q5. the Q5 is loving $150 sans-contract

and there's just BB 7 on the bold. like i get people might miss the form factor, but do they think "poo poo, i hate having apps!" too?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

say that again

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

truly surreal

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Editor's Note: This is a pre release pre-review of the BlackBerry Passport. It was written by @halobandit based on his views of using the device personally.

I m the halo bandit.

no, I'm the cognitive dissonance.

For a second it felt like I was picking up a sexy new twist to the original Gameboy and that's a compliment.

as in long ago deprecated?

The keys are smoother than anything before. They're almost a tad slippery.

Also, it's really wide. I know the screen is just as tall, but the keyboard makes it feel wide. I had a passerby say it looked like a flattened Sidekick.

he must be in a very retro hipster neighbourhood for some passerby to remember the sidekick.

I have purchased every single iPhone. My biggest complaint about how thin they are is that, as they get thinner, they become increasingly more difficult to pick up off of a table if they are not in a case. The Passport has dealt with it.

#fathandsrejoice #upgrade2bb

You will have fewer things in the pocket thanks to the Passport, but it fits and it's snug.

like I won't have to put my iPad mini in my pocket anymore?

This model has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of on-board memory, though I did add a 64 GB SD card myself.

funny how RAM in a smart phone has become not an indication of how well it performs but how badly it's OS + touchwiz + ??? are optimized.

Finally, there is an easily accessible nano SIM slot to allow for easy SIM switching without the battery interfering. It isn't the easiest to remove, but it's debatable whether that's a good thing or not since it's very sturdy.

actually this is good for blackberry because

Not only can you be fancy like the keyboard on the Z10, Q10 and Z30, the keyboard is in fact touch sensitive. It's like the trackpad of a MacBook and you feel as if every part of the phone knows what you want it to do.

actually very cool, almost like the keyboard itself is a touch screen...

My faith in this BlackBerry has been shaky but I can say now that it's a strong device that makes you feel important, powerful, productive and ready to take on the world. For those of you you think it's bulky, when it comes to devices, the Passport is a Brooklyn bouncer in an Armani Suit.

tired of being a skinny nerd at the beach? bulk up and get the alpha dog of phones.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a lot of fail for one page

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

sell them to the first .ru email address to respond

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ford chat

quote:

"Ford broke things, got into fights with other residents," said one source with knowledge of the mayor's time in rehab at the resort-turned-drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility in Muskoka.

"Ford stopped people from sharing their stories, which is key to a successful rehab experience," said another source. "Other residents felt intimidated. They felt he was a bully. He was always saying he did not belong there."

In the hallways and common areas, Ford argued, pushed and shoved other patients who were angry that Ford had "brought his circus with him," sources said.

they think he was still using drugs and alcohol as well.

EDIT: Rob Ford stays seated during World Pride standing ovation; Doug triggers ruckus at council

quote:

The spat started during debate over a recommendation from Integrity Commissioner Janet Leiper, who suggested council ask the mayor to apologize for making inaccurate comments in robocalls against Councillor Paul Ainslie .

“I don’t know if you don’t understand English” Doug Ford said to Speaker Frances Nunziata when she demanded he retract and apologize for comments he made to Councillor Shelley Carroll .

The Carroll comment brought Councillor Maria Augimeri to her feet demanding that the comment be retracted.

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 9, 2014

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

actually having a qwerty for letters then a mini onscreen keyboard for numbers/punctuation is great idea. even better like 5 years ago when people cared about physical keyboards.

the worst part is the seams in the plastic. oh, and the thought of holding that to your face to talk, which i just remembered phones are also used for.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

theft as a method of securing market penetration is not a strange animal in these woods

explain. like they let themselves be robbed? or?

quote:

Rob Ford is the lone vote against LGBT homeless youth shelter proposal
Measure passes 37-1

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

he probably beats his wife

i bet his family would be better off if he just died

in the last crack smoking video his wife can be heard off-camera

and his brother has defended him vigorously.

the family must be broken enough to both create and support the guy

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

looks like a certain alcoholic mayor finally resigned

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488977/Mayor-steps-down-after-being-banned-from-every-pub-in-his-town

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

nobody went past 2014?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

from http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571347

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
By 8pm US Eastern (Miami) time, September 25, 2013, guess a date in 2013 or 2014 that RIM blackberry will die before.

you just condescendingly quoted rules to me on YOSPOS

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i can't imagine anyone picking android in business. it'd be like switching to linux. except a mutant linux that is somehow much more virus prone.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well black berry beat apple's  Watch with the BlackBerry DeathWatch years ago.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how is it terrorism if he shot a soldier and we're literally at war now?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

harper is determined to repeat all the key neo-conservative mistakes the U.S. has made over the past decades, as quickly as possible.

build more prisons, then fill them using mandatory minimum sentences for drugs.

climate denial.

xenophobia and bullying immigrants.

saying the country is a christian nation under the queen of england lmfao.

now going to war in iraq.

he neurotically mimics and strokes old power structures at any opportunity. he's a power-hungry contrarian. you can't have a conscience to know factually the USA policies have been apocalyptic and try repeat them anyway for pathocratic reasons.

he literally takes every play out of the GOP handbook. maybe i'm naive but i've never seen anything like him in canada, not in politics or my social life. he's the one-man NRA, israel-lobby, bill kristol, etc of canada.

this event is so predictable, and so is his response, and whatever PATRIOT act he'll introduce. even if it looks bad on him right now because he started this with ISIL, it still sickens me to know he wanted this and loves it.

RIP soldier guy, we failed you :canada:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that blackberry twitter thing made the news in Canada (yahoo news digest anyway)

also samsung wants to buy blackberry so it's all over i guess

http://recode.net/2015/01/14/samsung-makes-takeover-approach-to-blackberry/

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Unlike BlackBerry, which allows iPhone users to download and use our BBM service, Apple does not allow BlackBerry or Android users to download Apple’s iMessage messaging service. Netflix, which has forcefully advocated for carrier neutrality, has discriminated against BlackBerry customers by refusing to make its streaming movie service available to them.

bbm for iOS came out in october 2013 after they basically had no other choice.

man how the tables have turned when you are asking, begging, the competition to replace your best service on your own device

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

3x faster than that thing from 2011 oh baby

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

minivanmegafun posted:

uh i was a tourist in nyc once

i visited brooklyn and the bronx and queens as well as manhattan

i looked at staten island and thought better.

are these beastie boys lyrics

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Kins posted:

@evleaks has snuck out some pictures of "venice", blackberry's android phone

webm/gifs from some promotional video tat

yep... it's a slider. @evleaks claims that it'll land in november on all four major us carriers.

this reminds me of the pre and it's sad it didn't come out before rotor's passing, he might have loved it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i don't think it has the Edge gimmick, just a slightly rounded screen.

also they'll now be basically the only android OEM with a keyboard. i honestly think it could be good for them.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well he also founded it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

blackberry has outlasted nokia and motorola

and almost microsoft

that's something.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

New meaning of blackberry deathwatch: watching for people who die in blackberry cars

the ballooning [vapourware] industry

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

dude using the front-facing camera of the blackberry playbook to film bernie sanders

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this doesn't even look like a photo op but they tried to make it one.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

legalize weed now bastard

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Marx was right

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's over

they rebranded an Alcatel

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

that's clearly an Alactel

also; world's most secure android phone, world's tallest midget etc.

i think that's a typo by Ars Technica, unless there's really a brand that's ripping of freaking alcatel

besides blackberry

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

no! we've still got nortel corel ... uh, hootsuite, i guess

would you rather work for some stagnated 90's dotcom boom companies on life support or work for lean, hip start ups that will fail before they ever get to that stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there's a company here in town called MetaLab that seems cool (http://metalab.co). they've worked on Slack, Coinbase and Walmart. Walmart is a surprising decent site technically, it uses React.

• Locked thread