Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sham bam bamina! posted:

which egyptian month is it now anyway

koiak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

bbc posted:

Shares in Blackberry have fallen nearly 6% after the troubled smartphone maker reported a larger-than-expected drop in revenue during the third quarter.

Revenue fell to $793m from $1.19bn a year earlier, missing analyst expectations.

Chief executive John Chen said the revenue figure was "not satisfying".

However, he added that he thought Blackberry might be able to stabilise and grow its revenues by 2016, but that he could not promise profitability.

Blackberry also reported a net loss of $148m for the quarter, significantly less than the $4.4bn loss it reported a year earlier.

On Wednesday, the Canadian company launched a new phone called Classic, which was intended to appeal once more to business clients who liked the fact the smartphone included a keyboard.

A former titan, Blackberry once had a 50% share of the smartphone market in the US, but now barely ranks.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i really don't get why bbry doesn't scrap blackberry os and develop an android phone with a "classic" form factor.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

i had a blackberry for a job a few years ago, and the keyboard was genuinely pleasant to use, with the keys laid out like on a proper keyboard. when you lay out all the keys in a grid like this, it looks like you're going for some kind of old-timey computer design

tbf this is the keyboard theyve been using since the bold so current self-professed blackberry addicts will be used to it.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

prefect posted:

i finally looked up the guy in your avatar, and he definitely sounds like a creep. i was wondering for a long time who he was

well then this might interest you

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Last Chance posted:

im the mute button that doubles as the "digital assistant" button.

i cant count the number of times i've been in a quiet environment only to have someone accidentally trigger the bold's voice dialler. "SAY A COMMAND!"

it was activated by a conveniently-placed hardware button and went off even when the rest of the phone was on silent.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1239rkV8bQ

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Perplx posted:

the leafs suck but they sell out every game and sell a ton of merch, thus having no incentive to win the cup

this is true and so loving frustrating. the nhl needs to move to a european-style system where the shittiest teams get relegated to the minor leagues at the end of every season.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Pinterest Mom posted:

they have part ownership of everything. they fully own a bunch of malls and condo towers(through cadillac fairview), partly own european airports, rail lines, a bunch of power and water utilities, they own the UK lottery outright (??!), they have multi-hundred million dollars stakes in basically every major us corporation

the quebec pension plan owns a 14% of heathrow airport.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

some of the articles covering that were like "oh it was an impromptu demo so cut him some slack!"

perhaps the answer was "don't do an impromptu demo" you loving idiot

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

The Management posted:

@JoannaStern: And yes, I keep calling it the BlackBerry Perv. Seems like a pretty good name actually.

joanna stern is queen of yospos

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
is this loving website from 2005?

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Space Cadet posted:

This might finally be the device that will convince my wife to upgrade from her 9800 Torch, this is the first phone she is at least looking at. Depending on how it goes I might even switch from iPhone to this as I am getting tired of the apple phone experience.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
so the priv doesnt look like a total garbage fire. mainly bc it's running pretty much stock anroid. maybe some hardcore keyboard lovers will flock to it but idk i think the world has moved on.

also the first review unit the verge got was defective lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umJ1oDbNwZ8

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
http://ca.blackberry.com/campaigns/portraits-of-privacy/bryan-adams.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

use case for the priv: that one exec who is still using this five year old hateful piece of poo poo phone because he absolutely had to have a physical keyboard

lol the droid pro.

i remember josh topolski on the engadget podcast back when it was announced saying that it was going to be his next device b/c he wanted a portrait qwerty phone with an iphone quality screen and camera running anroid. then they reviewed it and even topolski had to admit that it was, as you say, a hateful piece of poo poo

come to think of it, the priv is his ideal phone: portrait slider qwerty running anroid with iphone 3gs quality camera.

god is that guy a smug piece of poo poo

• Locked thread