Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
ahh yes directx 11.1, that mean GTA5 on the new blackberry you heard it here first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
how the passport was designed

:butt:"hey lets make another phone with a keyboard!"

:downs:"but its going to look stupid when looking at a picture or video in landscape, which 99% of smartphones users do everyday"

:butt:"make the screen square and then there is no reason to ever use landscape and we'll save on development!"

:downs:"makes sense to me!"

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
the keyboard is touch sensitive as well as having moving keys, so i guess you can lightly do palm graffiti on your keyboard for punctuation

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
well the shooter was born in canada so it's domestic terrorism

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Roz "conference call me midnight on top of kilimanjaro with a beta kin without signal" Ho

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
maybe that will be enough to get the CEO's wife to use a passport

quote:

BlackBerry CEO John Chen Can’t Even Convince His Wife to Use a Passport Smartphone

John Chen's wife prefers her Samsung Galaxy smartphone

The BlackBerry Passport is an odd device. It packs in relatively beefy specs including a Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, and a 13MP rear camera with optical image stabilization. However, it also bucks the trends of a rectangular-shaped display by instead featuring a 4.5” 1440x1440 square-shaped display.

BlackBerry has defended the square display, saying that it’s a boon for professionals. Reviewers, on the other hand, have been decidedly mixed on the device. As The Verge put it, “BlackBerry admits that many of its Power Pro users are still likely to carry two phones, even with the Passport. But if I can get my job done with just one device, why bother carrying two?”

Well, it appears that BlackBerry CEO John Chen needs to do more than just convince consumers and gadget reviewers that the Passport makes sense as your “go to” smartphone. Chen’s own wife has snubbed the device, preferring to use her Samsung smartphone instead.

BlackBerry Passport

In an interview with The Financial Times, Chen explained that he has had a hard time trying to get his wife to part with her [unidentified] Samsung Galaxy smartphone. “There were a couple of parties we went to and, when my wife brought out the Samsung, everyone kind of looked at me funny,” Chen explained. “So eventually I said she needed to use a BlackBerry. ‘No, I like my Samsung’, she said, and I told her she was embarrassing me.”

Chen went on to add that his wife encountered some of the same annoyances as reviewers, indicating that the device was a bit unwieldy to handle. Chen acknowledged this challenge, stating, “It is harder in the beginning, but once you get it, it’s actually quite powerful” before going into the kill by saying that “[the Passport] makes other devices look a little toyish.”

BlackBerry CEO John Chen

Elsewhere in the interview, Chen indicated that he is trying his best to win back the business of companies and government organizations that have left BlackBerry for Android and iOS devices, and looks to reach out to a new generation of “Crackberry” addicts.

Chen also hopes that BlackBerry can undergo a resurgence, similar to the one that Apple experienced after Steve Jobs returned to the helm in the late 1990s.

“I don’t have a perfect crystal ball but there’s no point coming in saying that we’re not going to dominate again,” opined Chen. “One has to be realistic, but it’s not impossible.”
Source: The Financial Times

http://www.dailytech.com/BlackBerry+CEO+John+Chen+Cant+Even+Convince+His+Wife+to+Use+a+Passport+Smartphone/article36872.htm

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
the leafs suck but they sell out every game and sell a ton of merch, thus having no incentive to win the cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i literally cuckholded a man who's prize possession was his passport

did he watch?

• Locked thread