Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
You may quickly find that you lag like a sonofabitch in this Alpha.

Go to UserOptions.ini and tweak your render distance - I limited to 4000, and this helped me a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I only jumped in about an hour before servers went down - what is this ability to teleport between continents of which you speak!?

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Patch is available, servers still down.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

I got a kickin' rad mountaintop claim on Pingo. Now to, uh, figure out how to play the loving game.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Burled Lumber, I loving despise you.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Okay, so. I had a tree on my claim. I wanted to move it, but couldn't figure out how to move it. So I selected 'Pick up', and the tree disappeared. It went... nowhere? How the heck do I get it back? ;.;

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Urgh. Elemental Silver is achingly annoying to farm, especially given the fact that my Iron Pick is a dismal piece of crap.

2564 silver, 24 Elemental Silver. gently caress.

That 0.0093% drop rate.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

After having to struggle with my sanity for the last day with that worthless iron pick (It was something like speed 52, damage 48)...

This came as a nice surprise. A modest upgrade!

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

All these claim bugs make me a little happy that I've only spent my time trying to get higher level picks and haven't started building yet.

But also a little unhappy that I've done literally nothing but hit rocks so I can hit bigger rocks.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

New server select music! :pcgaming:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

So far, all I've made are some crappy ruined druid rings, because it was all I could think of to make at the time.

It was a good lesson in the shortcomings of the blur/smooth tool.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

kuroiXiru posted:

Reminds me of my rare tungsten pick, which I managed to get on my seventh try. Ugh.

It didn't matter though because the viridium grappling hook I made afterwards is the best thing ever.

God, yes. Now where's my Indigo grappling hook? :getin:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Wow, playing this for almost a week and only just figured out that shift+mousewheel zooms in and out.

I am a special brand of idiot.

But I have first-person mode now! :neckbeard:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Attempted to request a refund after being largely unable to cope with the ridiculous Alpha lag. My ticket has been open for nine days. :v:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

It chugs like crazy on early-gen i5s, I can tell you that much.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Arthil posted:

Smooth as butter on my i5 4570 though.

i5 2500k chokes to death on it.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

16GB and a GTX 770, so if I'm not CPU bound, I'm truly at a loss.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

I get 35-60 when I'm not actively exploring. What I consider chugging are the drat frame drops when traversing the continent, seems to be associated with assets loading in. Even with the game installed on an SSD, I'm getting just assloads of hitching all over the place - framedrops down to 2-5 fps, and pisses me off like no other. CPU's the only place I can think of that'd be the bottleneck.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

signalnoise posted:

Is it normal for this game to rack up 5gb ram after a couple hours

Yep. It consumes hard drive space like a ravenous beast, as well.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Any more keys floating about? I'm curious to see if my hitching problems resolve in Beta.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Logged in, 15 fps, logged out.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Looks far more rad than what they showed of EQNext. Yikes.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

They started their hype train way too early.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

I think the dedicated EQ Next thread has fallen into archives, so this is it. Word on the actual game proper is still basically nil aside from "Sometime next year". I really wanted to be excited for it, but the big talking they did when it was first announced followed by next to nothing substantial on how it actually plays for the next year and a half has led me to believe that this is going to suffer from Peter Molyneux syndrome and completely fail to live up to it's initial hype machine.

Pretty much. Shoulda just kept the 'Everquest 3' version and called it a day, at this point.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah!

A better, unplayably laggy Minecraft, without the charm, endless world, or random acts of carnage, or players of Minecraft.

Oh. No, wait, gently caress this game.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Jackard posted:

Is this still accurate?

No. But it was at the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Abandoning Storybricks means all the "orcs and goblins have lives and motivations and dynamically change their behavior based on etc etc etc" stuff will never exist or be in the game in any form at all. Goodbye interesting features.

Sorry, but if you ever thought that was going to exist in any form ever (considering that the engine barely even runs with no AI in place), you probably deserve the disappointment.

• Locked thread