Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Droid Washington posted:

Just an FYI Sony has placed an order for 3 new servers to go up soon. If you can't find a claim on Serenity, it sucks, but more room is coming soon.

Looks like 1 is for EU and will be this week, and 2 more are for US, slated for next week.

It is tempting to wait. I was logged on last night waiting to get a claim on the new server. Ended up going to bed, and jumped on as soon as I woke up. New server had a few places out on the edge, but they mostly sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Bashez posted:

Keep the old stuff in your inventory so when you lose your claim to a bug you aren't starting from 0!

Pick up all your inventory before you log off. Always.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Good thing are new islands. I lost my claim from this morning. Where is a good place to go?

edit: Great, I don't have a claim flag either.

DevNull fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 6, 2014

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Keshik posted:

That is on the continent of Draw if anyone needs some crafting stuff close to the portal, I'll be setting up my poo poo for people to use.

Which server?

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

WE DOIN IT NOW posted:

Lost my claim from this morning and my claim flag is replaced with a cube with a purple X on it. Any way to get back my flag?

From the SOE forums, it looks like we are hosed until the weekend. I guess I will be sharing stuff.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

My first claim was on alpha_island0016 or whatever. Several people with the same thing have had issues. Our account is flagged for a claim in a zone that doesn't exist.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Harettazetta posted:

After having to struggle with my sanity for the last day with that worthless iron pick (It was something like speed 52, damage 48)...

This came as a nice surprise. A modest upgrade!

As opposed to my dull tungsten pick. I was even wearing two of the +10 crafting bracelets.

On the up side. I was able to finally find my original claim. When I first launched the game, I didn't have a choice of server, and the zone was alpha_island0016. I was never able to find it again, so I assumed it was deleted when they said the claims were going to disappear. After checking all the old zone on both the original servers, I finally found it!

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

I think they will end up adjusting the usefulness of the founders pickaxe since I replaced it with my first crafted green pick.

It does end up being useless pretty quickly. I would like to see the ability to apply your higher level picks/axes to it at each level. So it would give you a bit of a head start, but then at higher level basically lets you keep the pick/axe combo in a single tool.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

I am on Serenity in Draw as well as the others in here:

I have a marble forge and tin crafting bench if you need. There is lots of good mining in the desert areas around here. Trees are not too far off.

edit: I am on top of the big mountain.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Launcher appears to be working again. Rush!

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

grrarg posted:

Edit: Finally got enough sapphires to make my cobalt pick after spending a couple of hours running along the northeastern desert of Pingo looking for veins like in the thread I linked earlier.

Inferior :smithicide:

Ignore the name. You got a rare, which is pretty good. I got a common and it was named dull. When I upgraded it to the next pick, I got a rare though.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

crabcakes66 posted:

Wow. That is absolutely some of the best work I have seen done in this game so far.

Yeah, I'm just going to stop playing now. My stuff looks like crap compared to that.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Just saw this on twitter. I give up. My crap will never look this good. I am gonna go back to minecraft.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

CupBoy posted:

Just because it isn't new doesn't mean it isn't lovely and horrible. What does it say about mechanics of the game if they want people to pay money to skip it?

People are lazy and will pay for stupid poo poo. You should be thankful for that. It will keep the servers running for you to keep playing it even when you are not paying a monthly fee.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

I have a stupid bug with my claims. I have a single voxel between the two claims which I don't have permissions on. Anyone else have this problem? I tried unflagging my second claim and reflagging it, that didn't work.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Mephiston posted:

I circled my plot in green. I have some public crafting stations up, a void storage, and loads of palmetto trees (for palm hearts) nearby. Just look for Lowtax Memorial home for Wayward Goons.

That double blue flag in the upper right of your circle is my place. I just have a forge so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Sancho posted:

Landmark turned bad because the old EQ player dead weight kept steering the game away from what it was supposed to be: a better Minecraft.

How inconsiderate of the people that bought Everquest Landmark wanting to have a game that held some elements of Everquest.

• Locked thread