Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have anywhere near the talent I see in these constructions. This is the best I've mustered so far:

Not sure if I want to fill out the rest of my claim with different styles of skyscrapers or build something like a multi-storey car park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Multiple wipes have already happened, I'd expect a fair few more.

You get all resources back and your claim templated for easy redeployment. All the same, I'd save convenience templates of pieces for copy + paste. You will likely be rebuilding on fresh ground so simply overlaying your old claim will probably cause issues.

I might level the ground on my new claim actually, just make a completely flat surface so I don't need to height adjust my buildings when I paste them in.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The first and last thing I built in Landmark during the first playable client:

:rip: in piss

If that looks blurry at all well sorry but that's what max settings looked like.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
How to try and put a positive spin on the server for a failed game shutting down 101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dslf-DOGo

I couldn't see anything in writing about it being a paid advertisement / viral PR for Daybreak but I'm pretty sure it still is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Jesus Christ. I can't tell what's worse, shilling without disclosure of the fact that you're getting paid for it or coming out with a video that feels like it went through their PR firm and not getting paid for it.

Ask about "is this paid sponsorship?"

Response:

"You think so? Let me ask you a question. Are you running AdBlock? Are you clicking on banner ads? Are you sitting through Skip Ads? Are you clicking on Corner Ad's above the suggestion ribbon? Did you know that 90%+ of my subs are PC Savvy users who run AdBlock? Are you aware of the ratio of CMP and RPM? Do you ever wonder why Content Creators run Donation buttons on their banner's?"

It's :effort: to just post a screenshot so you're just getting text. I'm still putting more effort into this than Daybreak puts into their products.

• Locked thread