Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Bashez posted:

I'm not sure how fast you're farming but once you have a bit of something you can put down blocks of it. If you have a 10% gathering item (or two of them like my friend does from a bug!) you can then mine it for a profit. This is useful if you're claimed in a tier 3 zone and need some low tier stuff and don't feel like moving. Once you can grapple hook around like a madman with the 1 cooldown super long/fast hook it's better to run to nodes. Works with lumber too. I don't know how well known this is or if it's been fixed.

This is known and is considered an exploit. I dont think its a big deal right now, but who knows what their stance is on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Started working on my keep today.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
There are several smooth voxel build games out there already. I doubt they will release any kind of stand alone client.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
7 Days, to Die, and Planet Explorers are two that I can think of off the top of my head.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Without progression linear or not, most games get boring, I personally dont want a game where all I do is make things, I can just fire up maya, mudbox, or zbrush if I want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

CupBoy posted:

SOE just makes up their own definitions.

All developers do this, even my little studio. What one dev calls beta another calls pre-alpha.

We just say its either in development, or it's not. there is no hard definition on software development.

• Locked thread