Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Mercury_Storm posted:

Wow a major company selling ALPHA access to their game, and for $100 dollars no less? I'd expect as much from desperate indie developers or the shitheap that Funcom has become, trying to pawn off early access to their "new engine" that will never be released, but Sony? What the hell.

Yeah, I don't think this is that at all. I think this is more "hey, if you're really into EQ and you want the ability to dramatically shape the direction we take this game, here's an opportunity to do so". They've been really open about offering refunds to people who are unhappy and, additionally, making it clear that buying in at this point isn't required by any means. This isn't some scummy Kickstarter-esque thing where they're pretending you're getting one thing and you're ending up with another. If you are a big EQ fan, like what they're doing, and want to help shape it then buy into Landmark now. If you don't then no big deal. I just don't see the scumminess here at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread