Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How about some micro voxels

That's pretty awesome, from someone on the outside looking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Those leads probably got layed off because of the slow development of the game. I theorize that when the firm who purchased them asked to see something concrete from Everquest Next, they weren't impressed with the state of it given the development time, so they axed the people at the top, who are responsible for that state, and replaced them with people who can get things done in a timely manner. Sucks all those people who got layed off, though. So either the game will be vaporware or we'll start seeing actual updates on Everquest Next in a timely fashion.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Some people are rationalizing it saying Daybreak got what they needed from Storybricks and are just continuing what they were doing or something. I don't know, I'm skeptical of all of it, especially in light of recent developments. Maybe things are on track and will be fine or maybe the layoffs struck a major blow to development. I still think it sounded like a weak stream

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

signalnoise posted:

Nothing tickles my nostalgia strings like Norrath but god drat I cannot give a gently caress about the games those assholes make

I honestly wish they'd just sell it to some company to make a Norrath-based action RPG even if it was single player

A couple exist already. They're pretty good!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, SWG was a special MMO. It made it OK and fun just being a farmer or a doctor or a cantina worker and they designed the game so you had to rely on people who did those things. They don't make MMOs like that any more or if it does have aspects of what SWG did, it's usually in those Eastern European MMOs that focus on hardcore PvP and survival poo poo that ends up being busy-work and not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should have focused on the actual Everquest Next game instead of putting so many resources in that Landmark crap. But if people making those kinds of decisions were at the top of the chain then the MMO was in dire hands to begin with.

• Locked thread