Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Well. Goodbye to that extra claim flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

DevNull posted:

It is tempting to wait. I was logged on last night waiting to get a claim on the new server. Ended up going to bed, and jumped on as soon as I woke up. New server had a few places out on the edge, but they mostly sucked.

Exact same story for me. I just went and found a claim on Courage somewhere.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Remb posted:

Minas Tirith. Not mine

Wow. That is absolutely some of the best work I have seen done in this game so far.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
More Keys.

47XGJRA73T7RAUG33ER4

4XZJGDJXH9N463P664CN

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
The game will be free to play. Founder packs just get you in the Beta and provide some bonus crap.

Landmark is a completely separate game that will be developed alongside EQN.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Maybe these companies have finally figured out that no one wants another unpolished WoW clone with some gimmick as a selling point.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Wasn't Everquest Next supposed to be the antithesis of a WoW clone though?

Speaking more to the downturn and constant failure of MMOs than specifically to this pile of poo poo.

cathead posted:

The actual problem now is companies are trying NOT to do that as much as possible and then at some point going "oh wait, this isn't actually any fun in practice". Same reason why Blizzard's Titan project was canceled.

I don't agree with that. Most of the smaller MMOs trying to separate themselves have been lovely unpolished games that would have failed regardless of any similarities to WoW.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

DeathSandwich posted:

Except now instead of there being like 3-4 other :airquote:Major:airquote: MMOs on the market like when WoW launched, there's like 2 dozen with significant US/EU players.

Define significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Not for a while, apparently Columbus Nova is investing in Gawker despite the 115 million dollar fine. If they can do that, they can afford to keep EQ/Planetside running.

Oh poo poo, they have tons of acquisitions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Nova

Why are they buying all of these lovely half-dead companies? Must be getting them cheap.

• Locked thread