Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Remb posted:

Who wants a legendary grappling hook? They have a 0.5 second cooldown, and I have extras.
(Requires alpha access, of course.)

6CXH-JRPN-2JX7-VT4E-PAG2

6NAJ-UEHA-4PH4-62PP-64HR

HMFG-6CK9-FNAD-UCZ6-JHZP

What's the deal with those codes? Where do you enter them? Can you give away things that you make via a code?

I am so intrigued, but so terribly confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

HughGRect posted:

I can answer the question of where.The website for EQ Next Landmark on the right side of the screen there is a box for promo codes. If you're not logged in, it will bring you to the login screen.

I know some of these codes are posted on the live streams the devs do from time to time, where these three came from though? No clue.

I guess I will make more of an effort to watch livestreams then and not just wait to read a summary about it here. That's pretty cool that they are doing giveaways within the Alpha.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

That is pretty fantastic though. Great job. I've been thinking about trying to rebuild the original Plane of Mischief some day when claim space opens up.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
So I created my first 'thing'. It is supposed to be an Aviak tower. It kinda looks like crap, but I'm proud of it. :colbert:

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah, I originally had it down further, but the top branches come through the floor. Is there a way to delete part of a tree?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Alright, I'm on Adventure - Oxbow too, I have a claim to the west in the woods somewhere. If you would like to add me to your friends list I am in as Cithen.

Tom Guycot posted:

im still waiting for it to download over this slow hotel connection, but im curious, whats the recipe for getting your first claim flag?

Its super simple:

7 Elemental Iron
10 Aquamarine
10 Heartwood

Cithen fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 27, 2014

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Okay.

Thanks for sharing?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
The Founders Pack, or whatever I paid for, was definitely worth the price of admission to watch the implosion of this game over the past few years. I got my hopes up at the time, went through a process of mourning, and now I'm just sitting back and laughing at the flames.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I can't wait to throw money at the next EQ iteration! *crosses fingers for VR, dynamic world, voxels*

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Smaller games and smaller communities could be a good thing. Aside from the theme park trend, all the potentially cool discovery part of MMOs is gone too because of Wikis and the felt need to min/max. That's what made EQNext so seductive to me; there was a possibility of everyone not knowing everything about an encounter before going into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

DeathSandwich posted:

...he accidentally hailed the NPC that starts the event, which immediately triggered it and deathtouched the entire raid that was some distance away.

This is what is missing from modern MMOs. Most of them feel like single player games with other sprites running around that have no consequence on your experience.

• Locked thread