Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Welp, I was trying to upgrade my 'Fast Copper Axe' so I did the grind for enough resources to make 5 new copper axes, hoping one would be blue. First try I made a legendary axe with 99 speed and 95 damage. Holy poo poo this thing plows through trees like they are nothing.

Burled wood here I come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

doomisland posted:

If you could warp to your claim life would be easier

Once you can place saved template objects, you will be able to. You will be able to select your entire claim and everything you have built will be saved to a template, and assuming you have enough materials you'll be able to plop it down as an exact copy. Right now I have a few different houses saved as templates should I ever want to copy them later.

Edit: Nevermind, I read that as "if you could warp your claim". However its good info for those that don't know.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Just packed up my claim no less than 5 minutes ago, it works fine. Be sure to pick up all your crafted tables by hand though.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Has anyone been able to build angled or diagonal cross-supports such as the ones in the OP screenshot of the mech? I don't have the line tool yet, so everything I'm allowed to build has only been able to be 90 degree angles.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

raingwc posted:

Got two questions.

One, what "tier" is the Founders pickaxe? IE, which one should I go for next.

Also, how do I get the smooth tool? Is it craftable in a furnace or whatever those are?

Tier 1 and only useful for copper and gems used to make the copper pick. I think they will end up adjusting the usefulness of the founders pickaxe since I replaced it with my first crafted green pick.

Smooth tool is a high-end tool that is made from the marble furnace and takes tier 5-6 materials.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Joined up with the goons on Serenity and got started on my hill side cottage. This game is fantastic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Remb posted:

Currently the highest tier is Indigo (which can mine materials that aren't even in the game yet). I made mine after 9 attempts, with 2 Mastercraft Bracers.
It would be a wasted effort to actively try to roll a low tier legendary pick. Rare is good enough.
Crafting the legendary Copper Axe is important because its mats are relatively easy to get and it can harvest any tree in the game, unlike pickaxes.

What's the stats on a legendary Indigo pick just out of curiosity?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

My (mostly) completed house, along with Munion's Goon Trade in the background.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

When you place your claim, you go to giant aerial view of the map and you get to place a large 3D box where ever you can fit it. This is your claim. You can place it at ground level, or use the mouse wheel to go up or down as far as you want. I haven't tried it, but you theoretically can make an entire claim underground or in the air. Inside your claim you can delete or add anything you want, so yes you can destroy that mountain.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

The next few days will really be the "fun-test" for me in Landmark. I've upgraded every crafting station, have all my highest-tier tools and finished building out my first claim.

I really, really enjoy the game so far, but I hope we don't run out of things to do so early. I'd REALLY love it if they added a way to craft a 2nd claim for some ungodly amount of raw materials, just so we don't have to just wipe our current claims in order to build something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Like LegionAreI said earlier, the smooth tool is more of a blowtorch tool that melts voxels together and breaks up the straight edges. If used correctly it can make some great looking buildings but its pretty easy ruin your creations and make them look like they are made of warm butter.

• Locked thread