Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

UO had a dupe bug that was still in the game well in to T2A and maybe even longer. I don't think it ever got out like these things usually do, but it was easy to dupe anything. When the UO servers went down every night they announced it server wide and at some point anything you did no longer mattered. This was well known and usually groups of people would be fighting in places like the brit graveyard at least on my server. What people didn't know was that they way UO saved items was that it went through and saved everyone's bank items first, and then saved their characters. There was a ~10 minute window in between these two actions. If you knew around when this was going to happen you could wait for your bank to save, then transfer whatever you wanted to dupe to your character. When you logged in after the server came back up you'd have the same item on both your char and in your bank. I had a limitless supply of gold thanks to this.

It was eventually fixed by kicking everyone off the server before saving everything, but this was after a looooong time of it being around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread