Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Wow a major company selling ALPHA access to their game, and for $100 dollars no less? I'd expect as much from desperate indie developers or the shitheap that Funcom has become, trying to pawn off early access to their "new engine" that will never be released, but Sony? What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

SymfonyMan posted:

This is a really stupid post considering that the game is F2P on release. Some people just want to get their voice heard and actually influence the game. I haven't paid any money to SOE, but I see no problem with a company wanting a huge database of info from people while making features in the game instead of just their QA department that is probably filled with a bunch of Yes-Men. As an E-Poor, I'll be F2Ping this at release, but I'm glad they gave access now so they can hear feedback like "harvesting wood is boring." Maybe they will change that now. Maybe they would have kept in boring wood-chopping all the way through beta and retail if they didn't hear those things. Who knows, but now is the time that you can actually voice your concerns and make changes if you post something constructive on their forums. I wish TESO gave Alpha access years ago so everyone could tell them that their game sucks and they probably shouldn't be releasing a wow clone but ya know, Zenimax didn't give us that choice.

This isn't beta testing; it's building a video game testing. Alpha is a bit different than beta. I think a LOT of people are getting confused on the differences between the two.

Wow that's a lot of words from someone trying to justify spending 60-100 USDollars for a privilege to alpha test, or $20 to beta test a game for a major corporation.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

jabro posted:

I think his definition of win is the same as Charlie Sheens.

It's kind of funny, every single post before that one is of people very disappointing about the cancellation and/or feeling betrayed by all the decisions made by the company. Then BAM that guy comes out of nowhere with the most delusional spiel possible.

• Locked thread