Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I found a spot I can stand where two of the largest trees slightly overlap, so I just set a mouse macro and have been chopping without interruption for over an hour as their respawn is staggered but they always pop back up in the same spot. It feels dirty but burled wood, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Gonna try to get some good real estate near the spires at Plinko or whatever it's called. I'm happy to share the buffer if I get a decent spot I'll let ya'll know.

My guy is parked near the teleport thing ready to head to pingo as quick as I can.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Al Borland posted:

Whens it comin up? I got a claim I need to place.

E: our fortress must be dilapidated and we all live in an unfinished basement.

E: also what tier are you guys going for? I'm thinking 3 is best for long term.

Stability aside, since it's so easy to move between islands and also use other peoples' workbenches etc it doesn't really matter where you live. The CTS mumble/vent crew are all trying to land on Serenity / Pingo, so I will try and find a good spot there too.

I'm hoping for a green mountaintop near the teleporter so I can build a small structure above ground and a sprawling complex below ground.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Al Borland posted:

Got a link to the mumble? Can't find it in the OP.

I don't participate, but they have a thread in PGS:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The big structure in the middle of islands that has a forge lets you teleport between servers and islands by clicking on the big floating crystal.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Trying to find a claim! Is it just me or is the claim stuff still not updated? Or was that part coming later?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Got a claim on Serenity Pingo up in the NE corner on a nice green hill with the forest on one side and the desert on the other. it's not exactly central but man this place is filling up fast.

Hah, my earlier AFK tree farming left me with 200,000 logs and 12,000 burled logs. Not bad!

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 5, 2014

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It takes a long time to saw 200,000 logs!

The UI is totally whack for me in terms of my claims. It says I have 2 on Liberation where I have none, and none on Serenity where I definitely have one.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Zaq posted:

I am unable to mine what I assume is gold at the end of tungsten veins. Is that supposed to happen?

Same for me and I have a regular silversteel pick.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Zaq posted:

Ok thanks :)

Could someone who is further than me list the colors of ores and what's usually at the end of them? That would be super helpful. Thanks.

EDIT: Also I could use some tips as to the progression. I assume now that I have a silversteel pick that a 'Marble Forge' is next?

This shows how much of everything you need to craft things and where to find them:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkqPHnG1JckUWZanT9Mm8yjanGCIS_kheYae49fuo8o/edit#gid=0

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Nothing is missing from my claim today. It is a good day! Although it still says I have claims where I don't, and don't where I do.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Droid Washington posted:

Has anyone crafted a Gold Axe, and is it better at harvesting Burled Wood than a copper one?

It's supposed to roll higher stats than copper, but a blue copper axe will almost always be better than a green gold axe from what I've seen. I managed to make a 105 speed blue copper axe with 90+ damage so I don't think I'm beating that in a hurry.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

After finally crafting my tungsten pick and having it turn out less than stellar, I went back to building. Getting the slopes just right on the beams was really tricky. Thank heaven for copy and paste!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Kettlepip posted:

More pics of stuff you've built please!

More progress on my little cabin in the woods. Learning how to do the roof and support beams were lots of fun and frustration. I haven't figured out how I'll do the walls yet. There will be a fireplace too eventually.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

That is ridiculous!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Go nuts, get in quick!

HEVPXMRX446P6PEUH7D3

3FRKXNZ6MC4MPXNP7HM6

VTC9ZPUGVED9PEKT9JKU

HMJAHKAJVMPXFPXGP4XR

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 27, 2014

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I played this when the alpha first became available and enjoyed it a lot but stopped playing so as to not burn out because of wipes and bugs etc. I noticed you can buy stuff on from the cash shop now so does that mean there are no more wipes?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It's just a big retarded sandbox now.

I was foolishly a trailblazer when the game first hit alpha. I might be tempted to come get high and build a castle or something but if someone builds a spaceship next to my castle then ~my immersion~ will be ruined. Themed servers might be cool, but I doubt that happen.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Just got this email. It could have been cool, but they had no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

Agreed. The EQ franchise is in the total shitter. EQ, EQ2, and Champions of Norrath were all great. This should be a good IP. gently caress what it's become.

Did Smed take the EQ name with him when he left?

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 6, 2017

• Locked thread