Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Kenny Rogers posted:

Calling Customer Service to get my monies back in the morning. Alpha's definitely not for me - not for $100, anyway.

I'd be interested to see how well this goes, since I pre-ordered under the impression that EQN and Landmark were the same thing, instead of Landmark being a prelude to some different game entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Zaq posted:

Erm, how do you delete trees from your claim?

I cut it down and it respawns in a minute. :downs:

You can right(?) click them and remove them.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Mercury_Storm posted:

Wow a major company selling ALPHA access to their game, and for $100 dollars no less? I'd expect as much from desperate indie developers or the shitheap that Funcom has become, trying to pawn off early access to their "new engine" that will never be released, but Sony? What the hell.

Yeah, while I admit it was my mistake to not thoroughly pick through the info detailing that EQN and Landmark are two different games being developed at the same time and using the same forums apparently, I thought that I was pre-ordering a game that would later be sold rather than paying to alpha test a game that will be free to play, while EQN will undoubtedly cost money on its own.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I understand that letting people alpha and beta-test the game is super good for getting important feedback but I don't see how that alone justifies charging up to $100 dollars for the privilege.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

SymfonyMan posted:

They just have a bigger paywall than this place and probably a few less idiots because of that.

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if I'd want to play a free-to-play game (with cash shop) that was designed by people fine with paying $100 for the alpha.

Either way, my main concern is that I don't actually know what Landmark intends to be when all the dust clears. A sandbox building game? An MMO with bolted Minecraft elements? A standalone free-to-play version of the 'real' Everquest Next game? Having played the alpha for hours, I can't quite get a read on it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Obscurity posted:

I can't seem to find this..out of curiosity..what is the grace period for a refund on a founder's pack for alpha?

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/429325217563820033

"We will offer a full refund no to anyone not satisfied with the Alpha"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

BadLlama posted:

When smed got pissed people were calling this poo poo and offered a refund to anyone I took that poo poo immediately :smug:

Got mine and they didn't deactivate my account

• Locked thread