Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah even on the silly name server CTS chose on serenity, they're going really drat fast.

I barely managed to get a claim that's on grass.

ninjaedit: my in game name is Nlivin, feel free to say high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Erm, how do you delete trees from your claim?

I cut it down and it respawns in a minute. :downs:

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I just made an "inferior silversteel pick" does it actually matter in terms of digging stuff up? It seems to be working on tungsten just fine, and marble.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

itsnice2bnice posted:

I think 'inferior' tools are just slower and do less damage. You can mouse over them in your inventory to check the stats. Their quality doesn't affect what resources you can use them on AFAIK.

But the RNG involved with crafting items isn't very fun IMO, especially when the tools start to cost a boatload of resources to craft.

I am unable to mine what I assume is gold at the end of tungsten veins. Is that supposed to happen?

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Rasmussen posted:

Same for me and I have a regular silversteel pick.

Ok thanks :)

Could someone who is further than me list the colors of ores and what's usually at the end of them? That would be super helpful. Thanks.

EDIT: Also I could use some tips as to the progression. I assume now that I have a silversteel pick that a 'Marble Forge' is next?

Zaq fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 5, 2014

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Am I right in thinking that once you upgrade a forge you don't need the older one? They look identical and the marble one seems to do all the old stuff as well I think.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I have yet to find a single piece of sapphire -_-

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Went digging through the EQNL forums and found a post that said that the abundance (or complete lack) of sapphire could be varied on different islands. It would certainly make sense since I've found absolutely zero on Pingo so far.

But I'm way too tired to go try it out so it'll have to wait. But it would be nice to get the drat cobalt pick already.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Spent two hours going around the map, found one vein finally, got 26 sapphires -_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Themage posted:

Is there a way to find a island with a low amount of people? I just bought the game and every server/island seems full. Also the game always spawns me in the middle of nowhere a long way away from the spire.

They're adding new servers and 'islands' as fast as they can get the servers up. Not sure about a schedule though.
That teleport bug is something they're working on (or I thought they fixed that already but I guess not)

• Locked thread