Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Got a room right across the street at the Marriott.

I'm going to endeavor to play more demos and games with goons this year.

Also not drink so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Don't rule out the waiting list, I got a room at JW Marriott last year from it. I think I had registered by this time though.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We definitely need to get some late night alcohol fueled games going this year. I threw some beers into a trash can with some ice and we had good times playing in one of the JW Marriott game rooms last year.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Yeah, Jim Butcher was long gone before I got in :( :hf: :( Missed out on the craft beer stuff too, but I'll be in the BattleCon tournament, which is exciting!

Missed out on Jim Butcher as well :(

Entered the Netrunner tourny even though I've played like 10 times. Guess I should start practicing...

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I had fun playing Sentintels at the JW Marriott and a bucket of beer last year. What will be the drunken game this year??

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm only signed up for Netrunner stuff so I'll be pretty free for whatever from Wed - Sunday. Thursday morning I'll of course be part of the herd rushing the doors.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Countblanc posted:

Similarly, I don't think I'll be making it this year either. I have a place to stay but it isn't walking distance to the con and I really don't want to have to find parking every day. It also makes traveling back and forth between the con for late night gaming less viable. Maybe some random thing will happen to change that, but booooo this'll be my first time missing the con in four years.

You could stay with us if you don't mind sleeping on the floor. We're at the Marriott across the street. I'll ask my buddy but I don't think he'd mind. The only problem would be extra keys - not sure how they handle that.

I'm the dude that bought Mage Wars from you last year. Maybe we would even play it for a change!

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 14, 2014

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

saint gerald posted:

What Netrunner stuff are you in for? There's a casual game session someone from Reddit is running on Friday at 5, as well as nationals.

I'm doing the casuals and the tournament. I have no doubt I'll be knocked out in the first round but hell, why not.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

saint gerald posted:

Which flight for the tournament?

I also signed up for a draft gamer on Saturday at 10. I think I'm going to run out of Netrunner energy somewhere in all that, though.

Flight 1. Thursday 11:00AM.

Kind of a crappy starting time since that takes away from dealer hall extravaganza but I really don't think I'll make it far in the tournament and I just want to pick up a couple of things in the beginning rush anyway.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Promo/Exclusive talk. Last year I sort of picked up random promos from just walking around. Fire Sneeze for Pathfinder Card Game, a card for Mage Wars that I don't remember, etc.

What are some of the exclusives and promos you guys are looking forward to this year? I looked around for a list (I remember seeing one on BGG at some point) but I didn't find anything definitive.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm lining up at 9am for Doomtown.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I was sitting in the convention center last week for a thing for work. I walked by the dealer hall longingly.....

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

SirFozzie posted:

Have they started setting up have they have they hmm hmm hmm?

In all seriousness, it amazes me how much change the center goes through the week of gencon, and in sad retrospect, how empty the place feels on monday.

Oh, and Happy "Reservations get sent to hotels" day.

Nope, there was absolutely no indication the place was about to inundated with tens of thousands of nerds two weeks later.

It really made me realize how massive GenCon is though. The conference I attended took just a tiny fraction of the convention center and during GenCon the entire place is packed with people.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I guess Ignacy Trzewiczek will be chilling at the Czech Games booth all day as well as doing demos of his new Witcher game. Tempted to bring my copy of Robinson Crusoe for him to sign. If Witcher is there I'll be buying that anyway....

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Trynant posted:

[*]Mage Wars

I'll bring my Mage Wars if you PROMISE to play a game.

PINKY SWEAR

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mr.Trifecta posted:

What is this about preordering doomtown? I was looking to pick up one there.

The preorder was for the standard edition. I believe they stopped taking them on on July 20. You can still get Premium editions first come first serve which means if you aren't lined up at the doors on Thursday morning you probably won't get one. Even then, by the time the media people and VIGS are done who knows how many copies will be left.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

saint gerald posted:

I want to learn this.

I'll teach you! I have like 4 spellbooks already prepared.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'd be down for learning either Yomi or Puzzle Strike. Hit me up on GroupMe. Or text. Or email. Whatever.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
You and I already have a Mage Wars and Netrunner date. We should get a game of Avalon together at some point. Preferably at a bar/hotel with alcohol.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm thinking some of us should plan for a game of Avalon some time tonight - after trivia at colts grill.

Who is going to trivia?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone still awake? Need 2 more for shadowrun crossfire. We have beer.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Turn around!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How are you liking conquest? Still haven't cracked my copies open.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Crackbone, thanks for the game of Witch's Brew. It was probably my favorite game of the con, very fun.

Please let me give you money for a print like yours :)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm at work but my haul was:

Doomtown Premium
Shadowrun Crossfire
Warhammer Conquest x2
Samurai Spirit
Lost Legacy
Roll For It Gencon Edition
Tsuro
A signed Ambuscade for Sentinels that I purchased for way too much money at the auction.
Run, Fight, or Die
And, of course, Gencon Dice

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Lawen posted:

You guys are killing me with your loot photos. The 40lbs of games I shipped home won't show up until Thursday :cry:

Awesome times all around this year! I'm always pleasantly surprised at how ungoony the goons I meet are and I had a blast with everyone I met and gamed with. Already looking forward to next year.

Hey Quarex, did anyone end up buying those neon d20 signs at TOVA? They were pretty cool but $250 each seemed nuts.

I met you briefly last year as well but you were a cool dude. I understand you may go to DiceTower con next year in Orlando - if so I'll probably see you there.

But yeah every goon I've met at GenCon has been totally cool.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FuSchnick posted:

Any of you lucky bastards who bought Shadowrun: Crossfire get to play it yet? I've gotten my hopes up for this one.

I did. It's really loving hard but seems like it will be a lot of fun. It's basically a slightly more complex Pathfinder Card Game.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kotae posted:

Too lazy to take a pic, but I didn't pick up too much at GenCon - most of my time was spent in seminars.

I did get:
Legendary Encounters
Doomtown
The new Netrunner data pack
and some random things for a card game I play, as well as some starter decks for a dead card game.

I tragically didn't get to meet many goons, save for one that I grabbed Doomtown Premium for. Definitely was a nice GenCon though! :3:

That goon was me and you are still my hero, now and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I felt super bad when you told me about your stolen/lost games, Trynant. Thanks for the games of Cash N Guns and Netrunner though :(

• Locked thread