Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fabulousity posted:

As olympians/media/dogs are rushing into the communal hall-bathroom-thingys after getting gut-busted by the poison tap water two Sochi staff are there handing TP out to every other person:

Sochi Staff #1: [repeating through megaphone] The one with the toilet paper shits!
Sochi Staff #2: [handing out three pieces of toilet paper at a time] One out of two gets toilet paper!
Sochi Staff #1: The one without, follows him! When the one with toilet paper gets killed, the one who is following picks up toilet paper and shits!

Finally an enemy at the gates reference :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think you can get any of that in Sochi.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rambling Robot posted:

When all this is over their city will look like another abandoned amusement park/pet cemetery.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Nenonen posted:

:stonk: I... I would rather sleep in a cold tent surrounded by stray dogs than in that building structure pile of cinder blocks.

The ladders they are standing on seem to be constructed with the same pride as the buildings. :ussr:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Dauntasa posted:

people were angry when sochi said it would kill the dogs

they should have listened

soon it will all be over

nice try but those are Norwegians

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Well that's some one dead by tomorrow morning to cover up the construction trail data.

So Shaun White is the smartest person in Russia right now for dropping out of events that are clearly dangerous.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

the opening ceremony starts in 19 hours

get yo popcorn ready

i'll get the doggie treats

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://www.break.com/video/here-s-the-snowboard-hill-shaun-white-says-is-too-dangerous-to-run-2574028

Having watched the x-games two weeks ago for the same competition this poo poo looks way more intense and this guy is just gliding down it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I still cant believe he lost to that american :ussr:

if you read russian history books he didn't :ussr:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fallom posted:

How are those dogs so well fed

They look like housepets, not strays

have you seen any cats?

there is your answer.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

even if this has been posted i'm posting it again for posterity

http://instagram.com/p/kAnd70g3hp/

nope, continue to post away.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

You can tell the women are going REALLY slow down that slope, remember a lot of these people couldn't even complete the X-Games slope course 2ish weeks ago.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

Not going to lie, thoes jumps are loving huge.

these jumps dwarf the x-games jumps, they really are loving massive and as you just saw can be dangerous. Shaun White was smart to pull out of this, no point in blowing out his knees on that last jump

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NBC: People in russia just want the games to go okay, don't care what outsiders think

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So much attitude in this guys face :smug:

edit: and he fucks up the first jump.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

American Skater Dude got a 65, hey man that's all you need to pass in most American schools good job!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Reporter: Jeremy what went wrong?

Jeremy: ...Well

Reporter: Good Luck!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

speaking of which is there an IRC channel or are we using #sports?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

this Japanese figure skater is laying claim to a good percentage of those 100,000 condoms right now.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

cool now whats the good stream

ustvnow.com has NBC for free normally.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Oh poo poo are you guys ready for a poo poo ton of Sia - Breathe Me

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

stuxracer posted:

Wait. The guy that designed this Spiderman broadway show is in charge of the opening ceremony?

Hahaha

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I can only imagine what nightmare this guy cooked up without safety precautions to hold him back. Maybe someone will get decapitated by a spinning olympic ring.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20784040,00.html article on the guy from spiderman leading the "centerpiece of the ceremony"

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

nbc: "jeremy, in your words what went wrong tonight?"

jeremy: "....... :smith:"

don't forget the really obnoxious GOOD LUCK afterwards.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Old Russian Women Hate Olympics.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Poonerman posted:

Alan Enileev was the cyber sportsman. Here's his youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/alanenileev

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_e-Sports_World_Champions

also the world champion in need for speed most wanted

him and two other russians won and someone from brazil IOC is huge NFS fans? :tinfoil:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

longest loving run ever for these two.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Ukranian tried to hijack a plane to fly it into Sochi, Pilot stopped him because he was too drunk.

Also no one talking about how this guy is going to disappear tonight for mentioning the Mistress?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Who, comrade?

Who indeed.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

putin's plan to slowly cripple the west is coming along nicely

and he's doing it with snow from the middle east.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

you irl posted:

oh christ that half-pipe skiing injury.. guy blows out his acl, lays on the ground grabbing his knee and screaming for a while, then skis off

Was this during qualis or what? I want to see the vod

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

so Heroes just got announced during the olympics, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUjpHHfTLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm surprised they didn't show it earlier then crammed the 15 second spot down everyones throat all throughout the prime time olympics.

• Locked thread