Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bruiser posted:

I love the sound of moguls skiing.

*FuffFuffFuffFuffFuffFuffFuff Shhhhhhuuuup FuffFuffFuffFuffFuffFuffFuffFuffFuff*

Some fin just absolutely destroyed himself on the moguls. I can't believe he's still wiggling around in the snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

brad jacobs hosed up 2 shots in a row, letting the swiss steal 3 after blanking the first 4 ends.

Canada might not win this one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the swiss are playing super defensively. I'm betting they're going to take the easy shot to give up 2 in this end, and then just go stone for stone to take a cheap 1 in the extra end.

edit: assuming jacobs can get his weight right. :negative:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 10, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

canada just barely missed the sweep in mens moguls, but canada still finishes the day at the top of the medal count.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

neckbeard posted:

Canadians be watching this and thinking "how the gently caress does that happen?"

Psh, couldn't even get 8?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-ender

edit: the canadian mens team this year is that last entry, despite how crappy he has been playing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It looks like they have completely misplaced the entire biathlon track. It had been canceled until they can find it again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would like to adopt a tarp to make my garage look like a 19th century brick building. All the tarps at the local shelters here are blue, and boring.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Don't be stupid get a local one, there are tarps being torn up every day in almost every part of the world.
Flying a half ruined one from 5,000 away is just a waste of money.

But think of how impressed my friends will be when the next winter olympics roll around and i tell them the tarp i have came from that place that was on tv for 3 weeks that one time 4 years ago.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Watching the curling game on CBC. There was just an HMV commercial advertising music CDs.

What year is it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They said in vancouver in 2010, roughly half of the entire population of canada watched the whole game, and 26.5 million watched at least part of it

quote:

It was also the most-watched television broadcast ever in Canadian history, with an average audience of 16.6 million viewers. Nearly half of the Canadian population watched the entire game on average, while 80 percent of Canadians watched some part of the game (26.5 million). The game aired live on nine television networks in eight languages via Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium.

This isn't a loving game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

So like an episode of The Bachelor?

The most watched TV event in the US was the super bowl, and that couldn't even get 30% of the population. Even with the entire country losing it's loving mind over it for a week every year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is this the game we're playing now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yBHbmtpHQY

men with brooms is one of the best bad movies ever.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

thunderspanks posted:

could god make a slapshot so hard even he couldn't block it?

No, because jesus saves.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Number 36 posted:

What a boring game

at least Canada won

Well played, clean games usually end up being boring. That was technically great hockey on the part of the canadians, but the lack of desperation and passion on the part of the americans turned it into a boring game to watch.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Someone edit in a curling rock sliding by.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

t3h z0r posted:

Seems like most of the athletes winning medals are Quebecois. I suspect it's because their province is independent enough to invest in things other than oil sands.

Actually, it's because their social safety net is funded by the oil sands through equalization payments, so they can take 3 month long ski vacations instead of actually working for their money.

If you're gonna crack open a can of worms, don't pussyfoot about, just rip the top off and run.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lidnsya posted:

My province is allowing bars to open at 5am on Sunday for the hockey game. :canada:

Bars are allowed to be open at 5 am whenever they want. Aglc is specifically giving permission to bars to serve alcohol at 5 am on a Sunday.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lidnsya posted:

I'm not an Albertan, champ.

I assumed because of the timezone. sorry you're from the wrong province.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

13,000 cubic meters of helium used in the closing ceremonies.

We didn't need any more MRIs anyways.

• Locked thread