Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
And bronze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

You wanna be reaaaaal careful using a CO2 extinguisher on an oil or grease fire, as you can end up blowing a wave of flaming oil away from you and onto... Whatever the gently caress is over there.

That being said CO2 extinguishers are awesome extinguishers.

Not as good as Halon, but well, we can't use that anymore. :(

Purple K, AFFF, etc. would be better for oil or grease fires, but you can put out an oil fire with CO2 if you know what you are doing. Hell, you can do it with water if you have a decent fogger and the fire isn't too large, but it's difficult.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

you irl posted:

oh totally it's just that im gay now so... i guess i should suck a dick or something?

so can the "defense" sweep to make the "offense's" stone move past its mark? or can only the "offense" sweep when their stone is moving?

"Sweeping is allowed anywhere on the ice up to the tee line, as long as it is only for one's own team stones. Once the leading edge of a team stone crosses the tee line only one player may sweep it. Additionally, when a stone crosses the tee line, one player from the other team is allowed to sweep it. This is the only case that a stone may be swept by an opposing team member. In international rules, this player must be the skip; or if the skip is throwing, then the sweeping player must be the third."

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Women's hockey, Fins are giving the Canadians a run for their money.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress what a game though, the Finns are really playing hard! Seems like there is more competition now.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/02/09/olga_graf_russian_speed_skater_unzips_suit_for_accidental_striptease.html

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Pale Horse posted:

It was invented by a bunch of drunk Scotsmen like 500 years ago, probably as a way to make winters less boring and of course Canada fell in love with it because their winters too were boring and booze plentiful.

And full of Scots.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Canada vs USA women hockey coming up next. Drop the puck and then they drop the gloves?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

norway seems to be having fun in sochi

Might want to have that looked at...

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

the police also seem to be having fun in sochi

IS GOOD TIMES FOR EVERYONE COMRADE

You don't expect them to drink the water, do you?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress, the black Canadian hockey uniforms are... I don't really know what they are. I guess that's one of our colours?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Paradox Personified posted:

Are they all in the shapes of teenagers with hoodies?

That's just for biathlon, and up here it would be natives.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's mother loving ultimate curling time NOW!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

NoneSuch posted:

you guys should check the olympic subsection in sports, so many butthurt americans lol

There's a sports section?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Nope just a bunch of poo poo talk from the country that brought the world snowmobiles and AM radio
You forgot insulin and the Robertson screw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Crosby finally loving scored. What was he doing, playing with a blindfold or something? Nathan MacKinnon would play better!

• Locked thread