Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

A reporter from Grantland was snooping around the basement of her Sochi hotel and discovered this in an unlocked room:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
sochi bad

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Biaga posted:

Commercial break, gently caress you CBC.

:siren: YOU GUYS :siren:

I was watching the recorded video of the opening ceremonies on CBC's website while browsing the website: they don't have the commercials in the recorded video.

They get pretty loving glib about how poo poo Sochi and putin are during the commercials, in audio that I don't think they intended anyone to hear.

:v: "Man, look at how empty it is for the opening ceremonies, that is not a good sign."

:haw: "Yeah, and did you hear the deathly silence when Putin came out? :lol:"

:v: "Haha, well, I don't know, with the audio rig up here it's all..."

;-* "I had my headphones on, it was almost completely silent."

:v: :haw: ":laffo:"

:haw: "I can think of someone else who would get a pretty silent crowd. He's Canadian, eh?"

Pretty sure it was 'ol Peter Mansbridge who got the :nattyburn: on Harper. Love you Pete.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Can someone record this before they take it down? Please. PLEASE.

I don't have the skills to, but it was on this page: http://olympics.cbc.ca//videos/live/video/sochi-opening-ceremonies-webcast.html?cid=mrss

e: Seems like it's just an error page now :( you'll have to take my word for it. That sucks, it was pretty funny.

e2: maybe here? http://olympics.cbc.ca/videos/live/video/olympic-opening-ceremony.html bet the audio's been removed

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Well I don't know what to say, CBC used to have a complete archive up of the opening ceremonies, now it's gone. Hearing all the CBC commentators poo poo on the ceremonies, Putin, and the hotels really was something else, but it seems to have been eternally lost down a memory hole and erased.

Appropriate. :ussr:

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
So I think I have a conclusion to the CBC Ad Chatter Controversey of 2014, maybe. CBC finally posted the whole openings on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=merKK-LpEhg

It's possible that them talking is in there, I haven't checked since each time I watch that I just skip to the :krad: communism bit.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
"What stood out to you, besides the flight over?" :laffo: no one has ANYTHING good to say about accommodations in Sochi, who'da thunk it

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Helvete posted:

Checking out live CBC hockey streams and during a break they recorded multiple lingering shots of one man and his doll

Fuckin :h: you CBC, gonna miss you when the loss of hockey exclusivity or whatever finally kills you for Dear Leader's blood lust :canada:

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
*slow long pan in on concerned looking pudgy american*

LOVE you cbc :canada:

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:
:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Hey 'mericans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFPt001PYU

:smug:

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
someone post that crazy collage

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think you mean first loser. :smug:

Agrajag posted:

LOOOOOOSER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwfYTSdJ7kY

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Wait a minute, Karl Rove is reporting the USA won 4-3.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

2,500 Brits that sailed up from Bermuda, led by a North Irishman.

So, Canadians then.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

name

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
hawk key?

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Did I hear a commentator say "No Paul Martin?" I didn't know an utterly mediocre Prime Minister was slang for a hockey move

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
I know it's a Russian folk song but I'm such a gooney goon I thought they were just playing the tetris theme on the organ there :neckbeard:

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
:siren: :canada: :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH