Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Spyro 1 is an amazing game with really great music and awesome level design, and this LP owns so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Tree Tops is a bullshit level that can gently caress itself. Screw Tree Tops.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

One thing a bit disappointing/peculiar about Tree Tops:

Here's the music for High Caves in world 3

And here's the music for Tree Tops

:arghfist::mad:

Oddly enough, High Caves had a unique track in PAL regions. Why this is, I dunno.

You Americans never got that track? That's pretty sad, because it was really good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So I was planning to sleep last night but I ended up doing this instead.

I was pumped after talking about music the other day, and I got it in my head to do something with the main Spyro theme and ended up doing this in one sitting because I'm stupid.

I think it turned out okay, in any rate, for a sleep deprived rush job.

This is pretty cool, and so is the Magic Crafters world, which is my favorite world in Spyro 1 and it's gonna be awesome.

I can't remember if you've mentioned anything about it, but are you planning to LP Spyro 2 and 3 as well afterwards?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

crowfeathers posted:

I think Spyro 1 benefits from not having the endless minigames problem of Spyro 3 and, to a lesser extent, 2. It's just a fun platformer where you fly around sometimes, and that's admirable.

Yeah, while Spyro 2 and 3 were great, getting bogged down in minigames was pretty lame, and it didn't help that they developed Sonic Syndrome and introduced a bunch of NEW FRIENDS that nobody actually cared about.

e: vvv Yeah, this is all basically true. I still feel Spyro 1 is the best, simply because it i feel like it focuses more on exploration and atmosphere than the latter games did.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 8, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Wow, i had no idea you could actually hurt enemies with those windmill things, that's pretty great.

Anyway, Magic Crafters is just such a great world. It looks great, has great music, and the levels feel really huge and open. It's definitely one of the best two worlds. (The other one being Dream Weavers)

One thing i really like about the game, though, which really gets more noticeable in Magic Crafters, is how much effort went into the sound effects in the game, specifically enemy ones. Every enemy in the game just has really hilarious sound effects, from the druids chanting and screaming to the various noises enemies make when you kill them. It's just so goofy and full of personality.

Also, Dr Pepper is really good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
High Caves is a really cool level, but those loving bugs sorta freaked me out as a bit as a kid.

And i definitely agree with you about the backgrounds in the game, they're all fantastic, and do a really great job of making the atmosphere the way it is.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, that kinda sucks. Get well soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So, any news on when this LP is gonna continue?

• Locked thread