Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I was a kid when I got Enter the Dragonfly and I remember being crushed by disappointment as I played it :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I just love the name Gateway to Glimmer, it evokes exploration and that's kind of what I love in the Spyro series.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Man, PAL regions got a bunch of cool exclusive music, and a way better name than Ripto's Rage. Y'all suck.

Really? I didn't know about the exclusive music.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Yep

There were also some extra songs in Spyro 3, but the only one I can remember right now is Enchanted Towers getting its unique theme, instead of just reusing Byrd's.

Thanks, curse my cursory thread reading :argh:

St Byrd's theme is so memorable to me, so I'm not sure that's such a bad thing :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Killrrhubarb posted:

Well... Number 1 is average, 2 and 3 are excellent, Gladiator sucks, All 4 One is bad, Quest for Booty is good but short, A Crack in Time is good, Tools of Destruction is good and Into The Nexus is good. kalonZombie has done a LP of pretty much all of them which you can find on his youtube channel and on the forums.

How is 1 average? Just asking because I thought it was better than 2.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Killrrhubarb posted:

Number 1 is considered by most fans as the worst in the original trilogy because the guns are boring and can't be leveled, you get less bolts and therefore it takes longer to buy things (esp. the ryno) Controls and the speed of the game is not so good (especially Magneboots ugh) and they really just needed to optimize stuff. But they fixed all that in 2!

I thought that gave 1 a more Spyro-like gamestyle, which I didn't really find in the sequel.

For me Ratchet and Clank 1 is pretty much Spyro in space with guns, while the sequels are something different, still good, but speedier and with all those gun levels.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

crowfeathers posted:

Personally if I had kids I would buy them toys, I don't know.

Part of a Slinky :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They probably don't have Moneybags or Hunter figurines, have they? :(

• Locked thread