Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Oh man, the nostalgia. The Spyro series were probably my favourite as a kid, along with the Crash Bandicoot series. This was the most exciting thing ever to get for a birthday present (still have that case):

Like others have said, generally the games have aged pretty well-I'd say the worst parts are probably the Spyro 3 minigames, like the skateboarding parts, but they were cringe worthy even when it first came out.

After Spyro 3 I got Season of Ice, but the only thing I really remember about it is the lovely camera angle. Then along came Enter the Dragonfly, and despite being hours and hours into the game I was convinced it was still basically the beginning since there had been next to no plot/cutscenes/etc. Then the credits rolled and welp :v:

Spyro 3 also had some interesting protection against piracy: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3030/keeping_the_pirates_at_bay.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Boxn posted:

You European bastard where were they selling those and how could this slip by me even though I was a child then?! :argh:
That's pretty cool, how many CDs did that case hold? And I can't tell if that's just the game and the CD case, or did it also include a PS1?

It's just the game and the case. It's pretty good-it has a little zipped mesh section on the inside cover for memory cards/etc, and a bunch of double sided inserts for "up to 14 discs and their manuals".

Apparently there was also a combo pack for Spyro 1, but the case is a boring black one with the PS1 logo rather than anything Spyro related. I don't see anything for YotD though.

• Locked thread