Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

Rau's about to go Big Brother Barbarian on some motherfuckers, that's for sure.
You pretty much covered all but one thing in the first world of the game.

The one thing you (probably) forgot about was the roll. Which isn't too big a deal, since it was only in this game of the original trilogy that you have it. Not to mention, with all the tutorials, I'm pretty sure nobody mentions it. It's not too useful, anyway, except against the dogs in the Toasty boss world, where you can dodge left or right, if there's enough room, to avoid the body slam. :v:

I'm a big fan of the original Spyro Trilogy, though, with Year of the Dragon probably being my favorite. :keke: I've never really played any of the rest of the Spyro games, but from most accounts, I should be counting my blessings for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

The way you talk about music and being a musician, I wouldn't mind hearing some of the music you've made, NLTM. :keke:

Anyway, though, I have had breaded and fried gator tail nuggets before, a few years ago, when I went to Panama City Beach, Florida. A place called Pineapple Willie's, if I remember right. It tasted almost exactly like chicken nuggets, only it was dark meat, as opposed to the white meat of say, McDonald's nuggets, and surprisingly tender, with how strong alligators can be, you'd think their muscles would be a little tougher.

Or at least, I thought that. :v:

DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Also fair warning if you're Internet Allergic to ponies don't bother.

No worries, I don't have a knee-jerk hate-boner for anything on the internet, really, and I'm mostly neutral to ponies, so it's all good. :keke:

DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

All three of them, they're just so good.

Agreed. The Original Spyro Trilogy have aged surprisingly well for being late-90's platformers for the PS1. I personally think that they've aged better than Super Mario 64, but that might just be nostalgia talking, since I grew up with a PS1, and not a N64.

DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

Fun fact, my birthday is in August, so my gemstone is the peridot, also known as the "poor-man's emerald". :v: (Also, my Firefox browser seems to think "peridot" is misspelled)

Anyway, though, Sunny Flight in the Artisan Home world is harder than Night Flight, mostly because, technically, it's supposed to be the third Flight level you complete, and you're not supposed to know about it until the third homeworld.

Ice Caverns is a very unique level, though. For one, the fodder of the level are bats, which I don't think show up anywhere else, which tend to fly above you, making them a little difficult to hit, and it's the only level that I'm aware of in the entire Original Spyro Trilogy that does this, and for the better, in my opinion. Secondly, the dragon that mentions the big guys with armor was actually useful. He talks about the enemies before you see them and gives you some good advice, so hey, there's that.

Dr. Shemp is the second of dead-simple bosses, and here is the second place where I think the roll would actually be useful. At least, in the first phase, where he tries to bean you with the stick. Other than that, nothing too interesting about him.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

<-- realtalk i sorta like this one

Those muttonchops.

Edit: Actually, looking at the muttonchopped Spyro makes me hear his voice as Gerard Butler's character, Stoick the Vast in How to Train Your Dragon, and now I can't unhear it.

DetectiveDorian fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

I personally really like all of the characters in Spyro 3, personality-wise. Shiela is probably my favorite, with Agent 9 coming in at a close second, Sgt. Byrd being just behind him, and Bentley coming in at the rear, but not by too much, mostly because the multisyllabic words tend to make my head spin. Still, the punishment they tend to dish out on Moneybags is cathartic as poo poo. :allears:

Also, I like to think that Agent 9 was kind of a precursor to Ratchet and Clank, but that's probably just me.

• Locked thread