Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

crowfeathers posted:

all in time for the series to be saved by a new beginning

Reading that made my eyes throw up a little.

Besides we all know the true revival of the Spyro franchise wasn't until Skylanders made its creators richer than the greediest of dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Kurtofan posted:

I was a kid when I got Enter the Dragonfly and I remember being crushed by disappointment as I played it :negative:

Fun fact: I bought Enter the Dragonfly when it came out but I've never actually played it. My older brother played it before me and it was so awful he returned it immediately so I would never have to experience that disappointment.

But enough about bad Spyro games, let's talk about good Spyro games, namely this one.

Is it just me, or does this game have much more devious secrets than the two that came after it? I remember it blowing my mind the first time I glided up on top of what I thought was the level boundary in Stone Hill only to find a ton of gems and an egg thief. :aaa:
Then I got that same feeling again later in Cliff Town when I realized that huge mesa in the background wasn't just set dressing but a fully explorable area. :aaaaa:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
July is ruby, not pearl. I know this because I was born in July.

NLTM, did you forget your own mother's birthday? :crossarms:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I kind of like these two. They look like if Spyro was rebooted by the same team that made Rayman Origins.

Of course, I understand why they didn't go with these. They would look horrible when turned into a low poly-count model.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I remember there being a Crash/Spyro crossover on I think GBA.

I never played them but this was after both their primes so it probably wasn't great.

It was terrible. Both of them. Completely awful.

As luck would have it, Justafriend already has a quick look at the Spyro half of the crossover.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

crowfeathers posted:

Spyro 1 looks cool but what if Hunter... was a furry Legolas? He could team up with Lizard Frodo and save the world!

Didn't this happen in Spyro 2? Except he teamed up with Goat Gandolf.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Killrrhubarb posted:

...Into The Nexus...

Wait, what?
*googles*
How the hell did I miss the release of this game. :psyduck: I've played every other game in the main series.
I need to go purchase this right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I love that one of the glitches is "if you flame breath and then charge the game lags so badly you pass right through pieces of scenery." :allears:

It's a good thing justafriend won't LP Enter the Dragonfly. If he tried to show off all the glitches every video would be an hour long.

• Locked thread