Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh god Spyro LP, clearing schedule.

Spyro 2 is my favorite, just for the cutscenes before each stage. I'll never understand why they took them out for Spyro 3. It's still a good game, but I really liked those cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

Year of the Dragon also removed the double jump, which was one of the best things ever in Spyro 2 as far as sequence breaking and getting out of giving money to that goddamn bear. :argh:
But it made up for it in spades in the end.

I never sequence break in Spyro 3, so I can enjoy the chase a little longer.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

As much as I love Spyro, I remember nothing about the Magic Crafter's World. I know I've played it, though, because I looked up the next area and got hit by the nostalgia bat.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

And yeah I'm sure they're great and all, but I don't see anywhere online I can buy a lombax dildo so I'm still on the fence about all this.
This is Probably A Thing That Exists because Internet.

If you want to check out the games, there are two ongoing ones.

Going Commando is almost done.

Into The Nexus is just starting.

Both are by kalonZombie.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Whoops I got DEATHLY ILL and for some reason didn't think to record anything in advance. Oh well, I'll get back to it.

In the meantime, I'm reading up about DISRUPTOR, which was Insomniac's first game, and apparently it was originally slated for the 3DO. Thank god they dodged that bullet.
I was not aware that 3D0 tried making their own console. Huh.

Also get well soon.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Spyro what did they do to you

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Vorpal Cat posted:

I kind of respect the evil marketing genus who came up with the idea for skylanders. They're pure evil but you have to admire the genus of it, its like a license to steel money from parents of young kids. And now Disney is getting in on the action with Disney Infinity.
I didn't know you needed a license for steel money. :v:

I don't mind Skylanders exactly. 10 bucks a statue that doesn't really do anything seems a bit expensive to most, but kids will probably play with it anyway.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

We look at it and say "physical DLC" or whatever and call it a ripoff. For kids, it's 10 bucks a pop for an action figure they can play with all day and then open up a portal to another world and bring it to life. To kids, you don't have a Spyro statue, you have Spyro.

I'd say 10 bucks is pretty cheap, if it enchants kids as much as it seems. I have no idea how the gameplay is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Did I miss you doing Treetops?

• Locked thread