Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Magma Cone's residents are gloriously sadistic. Earthshapers pooping your party? Just murder them with various tools of destruction!

This LP is giving me more and more incentive to boot up Spyro on my Vita again. I didn't like it nearly as much as 2 and 3 back when I was a kid, but seeing these videos is persuading me to at least give it another shot. Keep up the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
For whatever reason the bugs in High Caves terrified me as a kid. I wasn't particularly scared of creepy-crawlies, but something about the movement and shape of those bugs just got to me for some reason.

As for the eggs in Spyro 3, I'm fairly sure that it's 150. Every 150 years, 150 eggs are made. I guess the ones you collect in this game were late hatchers from the last batch or something.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
On the whole, the Ratchet and Clank games are excellent. The first isn't so great, especially compared with the ones that come after it, but overall they're a really good set of games. More action and gunplay oriented than the Spyro games, obviously, but the platforming is still present and fun. Kalon Zombie has done a fair chunk of the series, so check out his LPs if you want to see what they're like. Or just go buy the Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy. Either option works.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Good to see this LP back up and running.

Seeing that interview was really cool. Just seeing how all the different parts of the music come together so nicely was fascinating to me. The same track going into the game was also a nice touch. As for the world itself, I think the reason that Beast Makers tends to be forgotten (other than Tree Tops) is because it's so much more down to earth than the two worlds it's wedged in between. Kinda hard to be memorable in between such vibrant worlds when your colour-palette is browns and greens. That said, it's still pretty fun and I enjoy it all the same.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.

Silver Falcon posted:

I quite enjoyed Hero's Tale and thought it was miles better than Enter the Dragonfly. Enter the Dragonfly, like you said, just sort of tried (and failed, miserably) to be the first 3 Spyro games all over again. Hero's Tale tried to do things a bit differently without going too far from the originals.

At least that was my impression. I actually finished Hero's Tale and never finished Enter the Dragonfly.

I agree. Say what you will about Hero's Tale, but it was at least competently programmed and somewhat fun to play. Enter the Dragonfly was held together by string and prayers, and only just at that. Plus Hero's Tale wasn't afraid to try something different, even if it didn't work out as well. Gotta give it some props for that.

• Locked thread