Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?
"No more blue thieves after Magic Crafters"

I see what you did there, NLTM ;)

(gently caress Treetops)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Something I wish happened: In the beginning cutscene, the dragon says "It's been peaceful here in the five artisan worlds... or is it six"

I wish there was either 6 levels in the artisan homeworlds, or they changed that dialogue to four and five. Then there would be an extra little hint to the existence of Sunny Flight.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

HMS Boromir posted:

He isn't talking about the Artisan levels, he's talking about worlds, as in Artisans, Peace Keepers etc.

The sixth one he's not too sure about would presumably be the final one, though that isn't as clear as the 2000 gems he's unsure about, which we can quite easily place - but that's for much later.

You're right. I simply misremembered the quote from the dragon. Somehow I got into my head that he said "five artisan worlds" rather than "five worlds". I imagine that he's forgetting the final one too, but I like to imagine he's forgetting Peace Keepers, because it's not as awesome as the other homeworlds :P

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Bacchante posted:

And Year of the Dragon caused me no end of problems as a kid because I was so hilariously OCD about it that I didn't realize for some time that you weren't supposed to get everything on every level the first time you went there. C'est la vie.

The thing is, you can get everything on every level the first time you go there, if you just break the game :P. I recommend checking out Just A Friend's LP if you haven't already, just to see the breaking that goes on.

Oh yeah, I wanted to talk about Croc. Croc was okay. He controlled really weird, like he was gliding. He was so floaty that it made a lot of the small platforming so hard that progressing was a pain. Also, the game was ridiculously easy to beat if you didn't go for 100%. It's a game I want to LP, however, because it's really cute, it's got some neat levels and the music is amazing.

Killrrhubarb fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 13, 2014

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It's weird that for how much I've played the first 3 Spyros, I've never played any Ratchet and Clank game. Are they any good? I mean there's a bunch of them, so at least some have to be good, right?

Well... Number 1 is average, 2 and 3 are excellent, Gladiator sucks, All 4 One is bad, Quest for Booty is good but short, A Crack in Time is good, Tools of Destruction is good and Into The Nexus is good. kalonZombie has done a LP of pretty much all of them which you can find on his youtube channel and on the forums.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

How is 1 average? Just asking because I thought it was better than 2.

Number 1 is considered by most fans as the worst in the original trilogy because the guns are boring and can't be leveled, you get less bolts and therefore it takes longer to buy things (esp. the ryno) Controls and the speed of the game is not so good (especially Magneboots ugh) and they really just needed to optimize stuff. But they fixed all that in 2!

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

kalonZombie posted:

This is a goddamn lie and you know it.

Well... yeah, you're right. It's really short and the quest and the guns are just not good or interesting. I always liked the pirate characters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

"Someday I'll record another thing" he says for the 4th time in as many months.

You better, I'm missing my Spyro fix :P.

And that film, I'm calling it now, is going to be absolutely terrible. There's minimal storyline in any of the games, but knowing them, it's going to be about Skylanders. Nope nope nope nope nope.

• Locked thread