Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

sarmhan posted:

This isn't including the king of outlast enablers, incremental growth.

Seems to me that the king of outlast enablers is clearly Ajani, Mentor of Heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Is there a generally accepted best site to buy singles?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

qbert posted:

- Mardu Ascendancy is by far the most powerful of the ascendancy cards and I strongly suspect will be a format defining card. 1) if you have any creatures out, it grants immediate value the turn it comes down 2) It protects your board from Anger of the Gods / Drown in Sorrow 3) fantastic synergy with Butcher of the Horde (allowing him to give himself lifelink whenever he attacks) 4) if you have multiple copies out, the game gets utterly ridiculous 5) makes Rabblemaster better, and who doesn't want that?

$0.68 on TCGPlayer right now. What are the odds that'll be a good investment?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Is Tymaret, the Murder King something that could ever be constructed playable? I'm looking at getting back into Type 2 MtG for the first time in a few years, so I'm a little rusty on what's considered T2 good.

I really want to do a Mardu themed token deck with Purphoros, and Tymaret seems like it could be solid. But it's currently selling for 20 cents so it appears I'm wrong.

Edit: I see ol' Murder King was mentioned in answer to my last post, but still. Comboing well with one card doesn't mean constructed playable I suppose.

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 13, 2014

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Top 4 with the Sligh-nouveau deck I posted in the other thread. Probably would've gone all the way as my top 4 opponent was a guy I 2-0'd during rounds, but it was late so we ended up splitting packs between us. The format is very grindy, Courser of Kruphix is a son of bitch, and was everywhere, and cost me my only game loss of the night, although it took the guy drawing three of them to win, and he was at 1 when the game ended. This is going to be a great standard environment I bet.

• Locked thread